News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/18 - Jones Beach - Wantagh, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, August 18, 2010, 11:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrum

after what seemed like a slightly longer setbreak, lights go down, fireworks blast off in the air that some kids outside the venue musta lit on the beach. it was right under the moon fish side of venue. good timing for explosions in the sky.

what's it gonna be? what's it gonna be??

Axilla - my boy dennis was going nuts!! solid choice to open the final set with.

Timber - didn't see this one coming. but sweet, think it's my first one since they've been back? i thought the jam was cool and weird at times. it crashed into >

Light - is it worth noting that the last 2 strums of timber are the same as the Light strum? both songs have a similar overall groove. planned segue? this version was easily a favorite highlight from both JB shows. it was sooo psychedelic, ck5 was blowing shit up, i was fucking psyched! backwards loop jam anyone?

46 Days - this version contained both :? and :| moments but it also had a couple holy fucking shit!! moments  :rawk: :rawk: :rockout: :rockout: 

My Friend - really wished they played something else here. but once trey rubbed the doc on the mic stand all was forgiven. a moma or ghost woulda been tits mcgee.

Harry - again, knew it was comin, but had forgotten about it at this point. the intro was SICK. great interplay started by mike, then to fish, then trey starts doin it, you know the part. fuckin sweet all around. however i felt they struggled with some of the composed sections. fish had a couple moments (2.49 & 4.16 to be exact -maybe more?) anyway the jam was cool, we raged.

Tweezer -
Quoteagain, knew it was comin, but had forgotten about it at this point.
so it felt really good when trey started playing the lick, but something jus wasnt right. mikes energy maybe, maybe he wasnt loud enough for me for that song?
i couldnt tell, but i could tell that it felt forced during some of the vocal parts.  oh ya! and that note that trey held forever? THAT felt totally forced and uninspired. out of ideas much? i was like you did this in possum last night - leave it there brah!  last night, worked. tonight? not so much.

Horse > Silent - really? "i feel like this exact thing happened to me last night of msgeeeee!!"(12/04/09) this is seriously what you're playing before the yem again? howbout a ghost, punch or slave? i mean i know page has to sing one but tela woulda been nice.

YEM- boom. tight intro. tight mostly thru out. whole place was rocking. BUT the vocal jam was extra dope, shit got wicked. i/they was in the zone for sure. started thinking about human sound, and thinking i was onto the format they follow during the vocal jam. i got it figured out!

e)

i was expecting a cover (and maybe even a 3rd song) b4 tweeprise
this was an all originals - no cover show, right? timber isnt a cover?

anyway, just wasnt feelin the

Suzy - just wasnt feelin it  :|  altho i do recall watching Leo go to town on the screens.

:::hopes for Alumni > LTJP > Blues:::

Tweezer Reprise - incase you forgot how this song goes, here's the reprise. hope you like it, its supposed to rock.
wasnt really loud enough.

trey: "thanks for a great tour everybody we'll see you next tour, i guess, thank you!

overall the show had really solid moments & others that didnt feel as real as they should have.
i think they just had too much of pressure of it "being the last show of tour" & tried to pack to much in & didnt just let it flow enough.
either way we boogied down both nights, and partied with some good friends after the show.
we all had a blast. lookin forward to fall.

:beerbang: :smoke: :beerbang: :smoke:

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

sunrisevt

I thought maybe that it was a conscious and deliberate Horse-force, there.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

WhatstheUse?

Your thoughts pretty much reflect mine redrum...

Just a bit underwhelmed with this one.
Bring in the dude!

McGrupp

Quote from: redrum on August 24, 2010, 05:18:47 AM

46 Days - this version contained both :? and :| moments but it also had a couple holy fucking shit!! moments  :rawk: :rawk: :rockout: :rockout: 

That pretty much sums up 3.0 right there.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

redrum

jumpers gettin charged..

http://gothamist.com/2010/08/24/state_park_police_will_charge_jumpi.php

State Park Police Will Charge Jumping Phish Fan

The man who took a plunge from the upper decks of the Jones Beach amphitheater last week was discharged from the hospital on Friday, just two days after his nearly fatal fall at the Phish show. The man's name has still not been officially released, but he reportedly jumped from the balcony—as opposed to being shoved, or losing his balance. And this means he's going to face charges.

According to Newsday, police are seeking to charge him for endangering other concertgoers during his stunt (one person was injured by his 25-foot fall). Captain Bruce Marx of the New York State Park Police said, "Imagine you're standing at a concert and a man drops 25 feet onto your head. [The result] could have been a broken neck." Luckily, the incident occurred during an intermission, when many concertgoers had left their seats for restrooms and concessions (or nitrous).

The second-degree reckless endangerment charge is a misdemeanor, and he'll also be charged with disorderly conduct. The arrest warrant and request for extradition are being prepared and will be sent to Maine, where the man resides.

Right after the Jones Beach incident, a man took his own life by jumping from the roof of the stage at a Swell Season concert in California and a British singer died after jumping from the stage at a Belgian music festival. Are concerts getting all Rite of Spring, or should we just blame these incidents on Mercury being in retrograde, brahs?
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

jasonsobel

sing me back home before I die

willsteele

Again I think Light delivers.  The moments of pure awesomeness in this one more than make up for the brief... not so awesome moments.  The end was pretty sick, like it wanted to be a full on bad ass ddlj but it just couldn't quite get there.  Whatever it was I like it.  >46 Days was good as well.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

Mr.Slinky

I just posted about how sick the first night was and to me the same if not better for this night!!! The only qualm I have was the destiny but that is something many of us may argue till the end about how trey plays this now as opposed to early 90's.  He definitely botched the beginning but just kinda put a damper on one of my favorite tunes.  No biggie only one song of such a great night of high intensity music and so creative with the the same arrangements even Hood was off the chain in the composed section....so sick.  All of it.  Just a little disappointment that my first destiny unbound was not what I remember hearing on the early 90's tapes but I got to see em do it I guess.  I am just in love with the old exact written guitar lines that Trey used to play during the whole song, so twangy and perfectly composed.  This new version of theirs is really the same except for Trey's part which is not at all even close to the old way which is dear to me.  I just don't know if I can say Im down with him skipping all that stuff even though I know about the whole jive about "it sounds too much like a dead song" and all but hey everyone's got influences and if that really is the case they shouldn't be afraid of a twangy line.  If I could have one thing to wish about this whole thing is that he would just play it as it used to be and relearn it the way HE composed it.  I loved this show just wanted to express this destiny unbound thing and see if anyone else feels the same or completely disagrees.  Ill tell you that it definitely didn't ruin anything for me if anything it added the fact that I did get to add it to my saw it list.
Two sticks causing fire, ready to be heavy when you're feather light and steady.  Bling bling when I sparkle cutting corners dropping angles, losing rhythm coils in a tangle no need to be a pretzel smooth as a lizard Ill be slinkin' with a slither.

G. Augusto

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!