News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What would you choose?

Started by thelot, September 22, 2010, 09:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleEbinezer

I chose a festival.  I like the day time relaxing and the friendliness I have experienced.  I have not been to a Halloween show yet, so this could change after this year, but I like the camping, hanging out and meeting a lot of people.  Shows can be too much hustle and bustle at times.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

qop24

chose NYE probably because i'm biased from seeing one. this may change after halloween this year and seein what the crowd/show are like, but i'll never forget how pumped up everyone was on 12/31, and the balloons dropping at midnight was something i'll certainly never forget!
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

McGrupp

Quote from: qop24 on September 23, 2010, 11:01:39 AM
chose NYE probably because i'm biased from seeing one. this may change after halloween this year and seein what the crowd/show are like, but i'll never forget how pumped up everyone was on 12/31, and the balloons dropping at midnight was something i'll certainly never forget!

it was aight  :wink:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: qop24 on September 23, 2010, 11:01:39 AM

Yeah I remember it vividly from my '03 NYE.  I remember at one point not being able to see the band there were so many balloons.  The hugs, high fives, etc made for a great night.  Jungle Boogie was f'ing sweet too.   :-D
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

redrum

well after seeing one halloween (98) & three nye's (96, 97, 09), i'm gonna go with NYE.
ya the crowd being dressed up is fun(ny?) i guess, but the musical costume doesnt do that much for me.
especially with what they're prolly gonna be playing these days.  :tte:
dont get me wrong, its cool.. but i'd rather see them slaughter 3 sets of phish songs with (maybe) just a couple covers.
better energy on new years.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Nedstruzz

antelope19

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on September 23, 2010, 09:51:39 AM
I chose a festival.  I like the day time relaxing and the friendliness I have experienced.  I have not been to a Halloween show yet, but I like the camping, hanging out and meeting a lot of people.  Shows can be too much hustle and bustle at times.

This

FYPFM
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

Pretty hard question for me, lacking much frame of reference as I have never seen a Halloween nor NYE nor festival (Bonnaroo doesn't count).

:cry:
Is this still Wombat?

phuzzyfish12

Quote from: antelope19 on September 23, 2010, 12:00:34 PM
Quote from: UncleEbinezer on September 23, 2010, 09:51:39 AM
I chose a festival.  I like the day time relaxing and the friendliness I have experienced.  I have not been to a Halloween show yet, but I like the camping, hanging out and meeting a lot of people.  Shows can be too much hustle and bustle at times.

This

FYPFM

TOTALLY THIS!

I have already starting dreaming about a summer festival next year, really hope it happens.

guyforget

poll should be called "which phish special event havent you seen before?" or "what phish special event are you seeing next?"

because i find it really, really, REALLY hard to believe that so many people would choose halloween if their first wasnt right around the corner. 
-AD_

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Casey Lenahan

never been to any, but if I had to choose, NYE. what better time to see a show and party down!
I owe Aug $20