News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Keller Williams

Started by mistercharlie, September 30, 2010, 04:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 15, 2013, 09:31:32 AM
Bumping an old Topic because I want to talk about Keller.

Just secured my ticket for Keller's 12/26 SPCA benefit show. This year it will be at a more intimate venue in Fredericksburg, VA vs the cavernous Fieldhouse of the past several years.
As always, Keller is mixing things up for the show (often a preview of the year to come) so here's what I'm signed up for:

QuoteOn December 26, Keller will once again be partying for the animals at his 13th Annual Benefit for the Fredericksburg Regional SPCA!  And this year, we are going to make the event even better with a new, intimate location and an all-new VIP fan experience.  After an amazing 5 year run at the Fredericksburg Fieldhouse, we're going to move this year's event to the 125 year old Old Silk Mill in downtown Fredericksburg.

Keller will play a solo looping set to start the evening followed by a set with Keller & The Kimocks (Steve Kimock on Guitar, Keller on Bass and John Morgan Kimock on drums) that will jam the evening into high gear. Steve is a legend in and of himself, fronting his own bands, as well as playing in incarnations of Phil and Friends and Ratdog.  The combination of Steve, Keller and John Morgan has proven to be amazing.  This is the kick off show prior to their appearance on JamCruise in January 2014.

Keller has also put together a unique pre-show experience that he likes to call the Tra-La-Lolley Tour, a VIP experience available to a VERY LIMITED number of people. Included with this package is:

•   1 Ticket to the show
•   45 minute Tra-La-Lolley tour on the Fredericksburg Trolley with Keller as your musical conductor
•   Hot toddies to keep your body warm and warm up your mind before the tour
•   Light finger foods following the tour
•   Early entry to the venue

Psyched.

Nice!  Enjoy!  I'll be in MS, otherwise, I'd make the drive again. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mistercharlie

That should be an awesome time.

Does your Keller board still exist? I hadn't thought about it in quite awhile.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 15, 2013, 04:10:02 PM
That should be an awesome time.

Does your Keller board still exist? I hadn't thought about it in quite awhile.

It was inactive so I let it die when I changed hosts.

mistercharlie

Speaking of K-dub, I just listened to Funk today. I like it, I think I'll like it even more upon further listens.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 15, 2013, 05:41:56 PM
Speaking of K-dub, I just listened to Funk today. I like it, I think I'll like it even more upon further listens.

Yeah. First KW on vinyl, too.

Last year's Xmas show was the debut for that band.

justjezmund

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 15, 2013, 07:09:11 PM

yup, that's what I am excited for.

A while ago I could have sworn that Laugh was pressed at one point, I was sorely mistaken.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

antelope19

Quote from: JustJezmund on November 15, 2013, 07:18:54 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 15, 2013, 07:09:11 PM

yup, that's what I am excited for.

A while ago I could have sworn that Laugh was pressed at one point, I was sorely mistaken.

Yeah, I hope sales of Funk on vinyl go well and he decides to release some of his early albums as well. 

antelope19

Paging Rowjimmy

It's time to Cruise! Keller's annual evening adventure on the "City of Fredericksburg" riverboat is happening on Friday, July 25, 2014. Tickets will ONLY be available through Keller's online ticketing at www.KellerWilliams.net beginning at NOON ET TOMORROW! Don't be left on the dock waving to the boat....each year tickets go sooner than the last. Tell your friends and let's rage!

rowjimmy

Might go.

He was texting me over the weekend about the 12/26 recording...

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 02, 2014, 06:57:49 PM
Might go.

Ha! He's not the only one waiting for that recording!

DoW

Might go.

from what year?   :wink:
I feel for you.  I've been in that boat.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

rowjimmy

Quote from: DoW on June 02, 2014, 07:48:56 PM
Might go.

from what year?   :wink:
I feel for you.  I've been in that boat.

This past year...

Anyway, Riverboat ticket: boughten.

rowjimmy

Sailing tonight...
Weather is beautiful.

mistercharlie

So K-Dub will be playing the parking lot of my favorite Mexican place on 4/20... might be the first KW show I'll go to since 2008!!!

phil

Quote from: mistercharlie on January 16, 2024, 07:14:35 AMSo K-Dub will be playing the parking lot of my favorite Mexican place on 4/20... might be the first KW show I'll go to since 2008!!!

Just looked this up and saw Midnight North is opening, that should be a blast!
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?