News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Worcester Pre Sale Info

Started by Undermind, October 07, 2010, 01:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

whyweigh5.0

Quote from: macaronihead on October 08, 2010, 02:48:16 PM
Quote from: whyweigh4.5 on October 08, 2010, 12:00:38 PM
beleive it or not there are many venues who do have a way to prevent stubbing onto the floor

i've been to venues where they wristband you and x your ticket. but that won't matter if there are multiple tickets.

some places it does.  jones beach for instance.  they scan ticket, then rip the ticket and give you a wristband.  once that ticket is scanned that barcode is saved into the system.  therefore all other dupes will be void

so if you make duplicated you better hope you get to the floor first :smoke:
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

macaronihead

Quote from: whyweigh4.5 on October 08, 2010, 10:39:43 PM
Quote from: macaronihead on October 08, 2010, 02:48:16 PM
Quote from: whyweigh4.5 on October 08, 2010, 12:00:38 PM
beleive it or not there are many venues who do have a way to prevent stubbing onto the floor

i've been to venues where they wristband you and x your ticket. but that won't matter if there are multiple tickets.

some places it does.  jones beach for instance.  they scan ticket, then rip the ticket and give you a wristband.  once that ticket is scanned that barcode is saved into the system.  therefore all other dupes will be void

so if you make duplicated you better hope you get to the floor first :smoke:

oh word, never seen a venue scan a ticket twice.

whyweigh5.0

they scan each persons ticket once.  but if it is a copy the barcode will be the same as the other.  therefore no good once the other is scanned and in the system

so say you have a ticket and make a copy.  you give that copy to your friend.  you guys are going on to the floor and the usher scans yours first.  you get a wristband and go in.  then your friends ticket gets scanned but the barcode was already used.  no good
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

macaronihead

Quote from: whyweigh4.5 on October 09, 2010, 10:46:15 AM
they scan each persons ticket once.  but if it is a copy the barcode will be the same as the other.  therefore no good once the other is scanned and in the system

so say you have a ticket and make a copy.  you give that copy to your friend.  you guys are going on to the floor and the usher scans yours first.  you get a wristband and go in.  then your friends ticket gets scanned but the barcode was already used.  no good

well yeah, i guess you're talking about if there's a totally separate entrance to the floor. 'cause everyone has tickets to get in initially. i'm talking if it's just people looking at the ticket the 2nd time when you'd go to find your seat or walk on to the floor. No biggie if we can't, the printouts will hopefully at least get us into the 100 level.

JPhishman

As much as I enjoyed the above joke......

We can't do this all day!!!!

Offer's off the table as that 12/28 is one of the few bargaining chips I have.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie