News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/08 - ACL Festival - Austin, TX - Live Setlist Thread

Started by Undermind, October 08, 2010, 11:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qop24

Quote from: McGrupp on October 08, 2010, 03:24:48 PM
Quote from: qop24 on October 08, 2010, 03:19:18 PM
i wonder what the crowd will be like...i mean obviously there'll be a ton of phishheads out there but if it's like 50/50 i'd kinda be entertained if they play Wilson and half of the people yell back while the other half looks around in confusion

I thought that's what it was gonna be like at Bonnaroo, but it seemed like the concert grounds were pretty much flooded with heads for the phish shows...as I imagine they will be for ACL, too.

i imagine there will be some sort of flood but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that ACL draws a very different core crowd than Bonnaroo, I feel that a great chunk of Bonnaroo-goers are already phishheads, and the same isn't true for ACL (but maybe the loyalty of the phish crowd will change the demographic this year, who knows)
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

mistercharlie

Quote from: mehead on October 08, 2010, 03:28:40 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on October 08, 2010, 03:27:06 PM
I called a PYITE opener last night and also feel that Burn That Bridge will make it's Phish debut tonight.

I hope you're wrong

Me too.  :roll:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

McGrupp

Quote from: qop24 on October 08, 2010, 03:40:51 PM
i wonder what the crowd will be like...i mean obviously there'll be a ton of phishheads out there but if it's like 50/50 i'd kinda be entertained if they play Wilson and half of the people yell back while the other half looks around in confusion

I thought that's what it was gonna be like at Bonnaroo, but it seemed like the concert grounds were pretty much flooded with heads for the phish shows...as I imagine they will be for ACL, too.

i imagine there will be some sort of flood but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that ACL draws a very different core crowd than Bonnaroo, I feel that a great chunk of Bonnaroo-goers are already phishheads, and the same isn't true for ACL (but maybe the loyalty of the phish crowd will change the demographic this year, who knows)

That's what I thought too, but you'd be surprised man. Bonnaroo has changed a LOT in the last few years.

It's not a hippie festival anymore. Just walking around I saw way more indie scenesters than heads.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

qop24

Quote from: McGrupp on October 08, 2010, 03:43:03 PM
Quote from: qop24 on October 08, 2010, 03:40:51 PM

That's what I thought too, but you'd be surprised man. Bonnaroo has changed a LOT in the last few years.

It's not a hippie festival anymore.

very true

Hicks

It's still much more jamband oriented than any other festival of its size.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

McGrupp

Quote from: Hicks on October 08, 2010, 03:44:06 PM
It's still much more jamband oriented than any other festival of its size.

Of it's size, perhaps... But I think that kind of comes with the whole "Festival" scene, and bonnaroo's roots (which are very jamband oriented).

But as it's grown, it's definitely expanded and crossed over to different genres.

I consider All Good to be a jam band festival. I don't think coheed and cambria, kanye or Jay-z would ever play a festival like that (aside from the $$ aspect of it).

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mattstick

If the money was there, all those bands would play any festival.

McGrupp

qop24

Quote from: mattstick on October 08, 2010, 04:05:42 PM

If the money was there, all those bands would play any festival.

qft

however, will the people who run niche-oriented festivals (I.E. jambands : All Good) give up their integrity by doing that? (and yes i'm aware that this is what has happened to bonnaroo over time)

emay

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

qop24

rowjimmy

Hey, Fuck you!
It's Pie-Guy's 100th show tonight.

Shame there won't be any Type-II jamming.

gainesvillegreen

New song to open.
Have a blast ACL-er's!!!  :rawk:
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

Hicks

Quote from: qop24 on October 08, 2010, 04:47:47 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on October 08, 2010, 04:43:19 PM
We will hear a La Grange tonight. Mark it, Dude!

good call, that's practically a given

Just like Rocky Top was practically a given at Bonnaroo?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.