News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/10 - 1st Bank Center - Broomfield, CO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by ytowndan, October 11, 2010, 01:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprobeck

Yeah, jeeze that's terrible Dan!! :) It's too bad to see people get so hung up. You know? I listen to stuff all the time and understand the music and feel connected to it. But when you're dialed in that's the time to be loose and in the moment, not thinking too much about what came before or what happens next, right? Right!
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: sprobeck on October 15, 2010, 07:12:31 PM
But when you're dialed in that's the time to be loose and in the moment, not thinking too much about what came before or what happens next, right? Right!
true, especially when you're at a show. but it's hard not to compare when you're just listening at home.
now, I wasn't complaining - I said I liked the Stash. But there's no denying that there were better ones in the past. that's all.

and, much of what we do here is critical listening, sometimes over - critical, perhaps, but that's what we do.

just finished set 2 - I liked Ghost. Some good tension about half way through, got otherword-ly towards the end as mentioned.
Weekapaug was cool. Mike and Page were doing some very interesting things early on, Trey took over toward the end. In some ways, this was more interesting than the "machine gun" paugs of old.
Slave was just ethereal.

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gainesvillegreen

Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

sprobeck

I think listening to these shows should be approached as practice for attending them.  Familiarize yourself with the music and practice emptying your mind of distractions and pay attention to what each band member is playing. Try to listen like you're a band member. That approach works for me anyway. I enjoy it a lot more than trying to analyize and compare.
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

blatboom

Quote from: ytowndan on October 15, 2010, 05:29:28 PM
Quote from: sprobeck on October 15, 2010, 05:02:16 PM
I get so sick of people comparing the music now to other times. Just let it go!!

* ytowndan compares 3.0 to 1995 while listening to 256kbs mp3s

:-D