News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

'The Hobbit'

Started by mistercharlie, October 17, 2010, 08:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

antelope19

"The Hobbit: There and Back Again," the last of Peter Jackson's three films based on the J.R.R. Tolkien novel, has had its release date pushed back from July 18, 2014 to December 17, 2014.

The news was reported by Deadline, which added that the move prevents "There and Back Again" from going head-to-head with "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and so far leaves it without any competition in the new slot.

The switch feels more natural anyway: all three parts of "The Lord of the Rings" came out in December (in 2001, 2002 and 2003) and the first two parts of "The Hobbit" are also end-of-the-year releases. "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" arrived on December 14 last year, while "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" will open on December 13, 2013.

As you may recall, there wasn't even supposed to be a third movie: Jackson announced only last summer that "The Hobbit" was being expanded into a trilogy, leaving everyone wondering what the hell he was going to fill all that screen time with.

khalpin

Quote from: antelope19 on March 01, 2013, 10:05:38 AM
"The Hobbit: There and Back Again," the last of Peter Jackson's three films based on the J.R.R. Tolkien novel, has had its release date pushed back from July 18, 2014 to December 17, 2014.

The news was reported by Deadline, which added that the move prevents "There and Back Again" from going head-to-head with "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and so far leaves it without any competition in the new slot.

The switch feels more natural anyway: all three parts of "The Lord of the Rings" came out in December (in 2001, 2002 and 2003) and the first two parts of "The Hobbit" are also end-of-the-year releases. "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" arrived on December 14 last year, while "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" will open on December 13, 2013.

As you may recall, there wasn't even supposed to be a third movie: Jackson announced only last summer that "The Hobbit" was being expanded into a trilogy, leaving everyone wondering what the hell he was going to fill all that screen time with.
Should've only been two movies.

Not that that'll stop me from going to see all three.  But I will complain about it on the internet.

That'll learn 'em.

antelope19

I will approve of this only if you're shaking your fist in the air like a crazy old man.

khalpin

antelope19

Picked up the hobbit on blu-ray today at best buy and noticed they have the extended versions of all of the LOTR series for $50(50% off). Considering I don't have any of the extended versions at all, I thought $50 for all three on Bluray was a pretty solid deal!

/nerd

khalpin

Quote from: antelope19 on March 19, 2013, 06:29:42 PM
Picked up the hobbit on blu-ray today at best buy and noticed they have the extended versions of all of the LOTR series for $50(50% off). Considering I don't have any of the extended versions at all, I thought $50 for all three on Bluray was a pretty solid deal!

/nerd
I have the extended versions of all 3 LotR's on DVD.  I think I'd actually like to get the regular versions on Blu-Ray.  It takes me like three days to watch a single movie when I throw in the DVDs.  For $50, though....how can you say no?

antelope19

Exactly. I was just trying to let others know that they were on sale. Go get'em!

khalpin

antelope19

Quote from: khalpin on March 26, 2013, 04:44:40 PM

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

LOL, I actually noticed a few of those while I was watching the other night(mainly the sword not glowing and the video game thing).

VA $l!m

finally saw this last night...
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

emay

antelope19

khalpin

antelope19

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!