News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

'The Hobbit'

Started by mistercharlie, October 17, 2010, 08:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

qop24

Quote from: phishhead92 on March 22, 2011, 01:25:59 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on March 22, 2011, 12:32:07 PM
5 Month bump and....

shooting has begun!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/The-Hobbit-Begins-Filming-First-Photo-From-The-New-Zealand-Set-23764.html

see also: http://www.thehobbitblog.com/
Rawesome!

Also I think they should remake LOTR, and do the Hobbit right by making each book into 2 seperate 3 hour movies (at least) so we can get all the details. Like they are doing for harry potter.

why would they remake LOTR....
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

khalpin

Quote from: qop24 on March 28, 2011, 08:38:38 AM
5 Month bump and....

shooting has begun!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/The-Hobbit-Begins-Filming-First-Photo-From-The-New-Zealand-Set-23764.html

Rawesome!

Also I think they should remake LOTR, and do the Hobbit right by making each book into 2 seperate 3 hour movies (at least) so we can get all the details. Like they are doing for harry potter.

why would they remake LOTR....
I was wondering that, as well, but figured since there's no possible correct answer, why bother asking?

VA $l!m

5 Month bump and....

shooting has begun!

Rawesome!

could u do me a small favor and never mention the H. P. in a tolkien thread again?naseua and all... k thx. bye.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Kid is way out to snacks. The Hobbit is being made into two movies already.

I just rewatched The Fellowship extended edition over the weekend.... Good stuff.

I can't wait to see how The Hobbit shakes out.

Multibeast12

Very excited for this. But must say, more excited for.......Del Toros, At the mountains of Madness. I enjoy Lovecraft over tolkien as a writer.

But anyway, got some high hopes for this movie and that hasn't happened in a while for me and movies.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 28, 2011, 09:56:58 AM

I just rewatched The Fellowship extended edition over the weekend.... Good stuff.

The Extended versions of the LOTR trilogy are awesome. I need to find 12 empty hours so I can go back and watch them all again.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ph92

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 29, 2011, 06:04:49 AM

The Extended versions of the LOTR trilogy are awesome. I need to find 12 empty hours so I can go back and watch them all again.
I know they are awesome, but after reading the books you realize how goddamn much they left out... and its not like Peter Jackson cant get an un-fucking-reasonable amount of money to go back and fill in some holes :-D

Sorry Slim, I dont even really enjoy those books/movies but I just used them as an example.

Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

rowjimmy

Quote from: phishhead92 on March 30, 2011, 09:40:18 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 29, 2011, 06:04:49 AM

I know they are awesome, but after reading the books you realize how goddamn much they left out... and its not like Peter Jackson cant get an un-fucking-reasonable amount of money to go back and fill in some holes :-D

Sorry Slim, I dont even really enjoy those books/movies but I just used them as an example.

Having read all of the books and understanding something of film, I think that Jackson did the best possible job with the material.

"Holes" are inevitable.

antelope19

IMO, Jackson did a phenominal job.  Those films would each have to be 6 hours long in order fill in any holes.  Even I would have a hard time sitting through that and I LOVE all of the books.  Unfortunately, ADD wins most of the time. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mistercharlie

Quote from: antelope19 on March 31, 2011, 04:13:48 PM
IMO, Jackson did a phenominal job.  Those films would each have to be 6 hours long in order fill in any holes.  Even I would have a hard time sitting through that and I LOVE all of the books.  Unfortunately, ADD wins most of the time.

Even without ADD it would be hard to sit through a 6 hour movie. Hell, the last time I watched the extended versions of the movies I usually took and 'intermission' halfway through just to get up and move around.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

I really don't see how the LOTR movies could have possibly been better, maybe a better actor as Frodo, but that's fairly nit picky.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on March 31, 2011, 04:39:22 PM
I really don't see how the LOTR movies could have possibly been better, maybe a better actor as Frodo, but that's fairly nit picky.

I'm with you there, just not a big Elijah fan. But atleast they didn't cast Hayden Christiansen, boy do I hate him.

khalpin

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 31, 2011, 04:32:26 PM

Even without ADD it would be hard to sit through a 6 hour movie. Hell, the last time I watched the extended versions of the movies I usually took and 'intermission' halfway through just to get up and move around.
I've never made it through one of the Extended Versions in one sitting.  Compared to the regular versions, the pace is definitely slowed down on the extended versions.  Some of the added scenes like Saruman's death are priceless and I'm so happy that the extended versions exist.  But to include "everything" would make for an unwatchable movie.  Unless you're a college student with nothing but drugs and free time.

mistercharlie

Quote from: khalpin on March 31, 2011, 04:43:15 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 31, 2011, 04:32:26 PM

I've never made it through one of the Extended Versions in one sitting.  Compared to the regular versions, the pace is definitely slowed down on the extended versions.  Some of the added scenes like Saruman's death are priceless and I'm so happy that the extended versions exist.  But to include "everything" would make for an unwatchable movie.  Unless you're a college student with nothing but drugs and free time.

Ahh, the good ol' days.