News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

'The Hobbit'

Started by mistercharlie, October 17, 2010, 08:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: Igbo on May 31, 2011, 11:04:33 AM
Quote from: goodabouthood on May 31, 2011, 10:50:27 AM
Quote from: Igbo on May 31, 2011, 10:32:11 AM
Quote from: goodabouthood on May 31, 2011, 09:46:35 AM
Oh man! We're still looking at a year and a half away? I thought they were further along on this....ah well, yeah, ample time to give it another read.

Funny, i thought the same thing so started reading it again yesterday at the pool.

Yup. Finishing up Satchmo right now, then Kitchen Confidential, then this'll be next...been reading a lot more over the last couple weeks. Forgot how much I enjoyed it.

Good read. He's funny as hell imo. You will never eat hollandaise again.

Oh yeah, I think he's hilarious! I love No Reservations, and already read A Cook's Tour, just missed Kitchen Confidential somehow.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

ph92

YAAAYYY!! MY DREAM CAME TRUE!!! 2 Movies for ultimate coverage.

But, I should read Silmarillion>Hobbit>LOTR this summer, along with some books RJ told me to read.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Igbo

Quote from: phishhead92 on May 31, 2011, 11:25:31 AM

along with some books RJ told me to read.

Sounds dangerous

ph92

Quote from: Igbo on May 31, 2011, 11:39:39 AM

along with some books RJ told me to read.

Sounds dangerous

Hmm... Now that you mention it one was named Das Kapital and the other was The Communist Manifesto...

Those are just novels right?
Make America Melt Again!

rowjimmy

You know that they've been planning to make it 2 films since the beginning of pre-production several years ago, right?

Did you know also that they are planning to fill the story out (supposedly) with the actions of the White Council and their dealings with the Necromancer (as this is the reason for Gandalf's absences during the dwarfs' journey)?

ph92

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 31, 2011, 02:32:57 PM

You know that they've been planning to make it 2 films since the beginning of pre-production several years ago, right?

Did you know also that they are planning to fill the story out (supposedly) with the actions of the White Council and their dealings with the Necromancer (as this is the reason for Gandalf's absences during the dwarfs' journey)?
Oh... right... I was just testing you guys ;-)

But that should make for some interesting scenes etc. Nice...
Make America Melt Again!

rowjimmy

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

VA $l!m

just saw the full length trailer.  :crazy:  :-o :clap:
FUk to the YEAh!!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VDB

So, I tend to think 3D is a gimmick and I mostly boycott it. But this actually has me a little intrigued for a change.
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

I have finally been able to talk the wife into watching the Lord of the Rings movies (she decided it might not be that bad after I made her watch Game Of Thrones with me). Friday morning we'll start with the Fellowship, then Two Towers that night, followed by Return Of the King on Christmas eve. Nine hours of great movie watching! She's just lucky I don't own the 3 1/2 hour extended versions of the movies. :wink:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on December 22, 2011, 05:35:12 AM
I have finally been able to talk the wife into watching the Lord of the Rings movies (she decided it might not be that bad after I made her watch Game Of Thrones with me). Friday morning we'll start with the Fellowship, then Two Towers that night, followed by Return Of the King on Christmas eve. Nine hours of great movie watching! She's just lucky I don't own the 3 1/2 hour extended versions of the movies. :wink:

Those extended blu-rays make for excellent xmas gifts...

antelope19

So freakin' psyched!   :crazy:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VA $l!m

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on December 22, 2011, 12:29:46 AM
So, I tend to think 3D is a gimmick and I mostly boycott it. But this actually has me a little intrigued for a change.

meh, as long as the 2D isnt ruined i'm good.
unfortunately filming in 3D lends itself to a different approach for the director.
i heard the new star trek movie was only going to be filmed in 2d and i wondered if it was a artistic choice to achieve a more traditional visual sense.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-