News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by mistercharlie, October 21, 2010, 09:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

It could indeed be written more betterer, but scenes like a crossbow through a zombie head, and multiple screwdriver stabs into a zombie eye socket, will keep me coming back.

Lifeboy

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on October 19, 2011, 01:04:02 PM
It could indeed be written more betterer, but scenes like a crossbow through a zombie head, and multiple screwdriver stabs into a zombie eye socket, will keep me coming back.

written betterer, it could be. but show more awesomer awesomness, it could not.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

mbw

Digging through zombie guts looking for pieces of little girl also put a smile on my face.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on October 19, 2011, 01:12:33 PM
Digging through zombie guts looking for pieces of little girl also put a smile on my face.

That was awesome.

Also, people hype the smell thing as a flaw but that's bullshit.
They aren't fucking bloodhounds. If they see you and don't smell dead people, they eat you.

If they don't hear you, they don't look for you.
If they don't see you, they don't try to smell you.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Lifeboy on October 19, 2011, 12:57:36 PM
I must admit, I really don't have a favorite character, and think they all kind of suck and aren't very smart.

Oh no, am I really second guessing my interest in the show?

was thinkin about this last week. decided that currently its the red neck with the crossbow.

also, anyone for who watched the after show, i was stoked to see Chris Hardwick from G4 hosting it. he's the man.

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

McGrupp

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 19, 2011, 02:06:44 PM
I must admit, I really don't have a favorite character, and think they all kind of suck and aren't very smart.

was thinkin about this last week. decided that currently its the red neck with the crossbow.

also, anyone for who watched the after show, i was stoked to see Chris Hardwick from G4 hosting it. he's the man.

He's been my favorite character since his entrance to the show. I love how the group is standing around in the woods trying to kill the walker with axes and guns and whatnot, and he comes out of nowhere with his crossbow, nails the zombie right between the eyes, and says "You gotta hit em in the brain... don't y'all know NOTHIN?!"
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

rowjimmy

Redneck is not in the book.

Weird.

barnesy305

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 19, 2011, 02:34:44 PM

Weird.

I have a theory about his brother, but it might be too soon to post it.

VA $l!m

Quote from: McGrupp on October 19, 2011, 02:25:57 PM

He's been my favorite character since his entrance to the show. I love how the group is standing around in the woods trying to kill the walker with axes and guns and whatnot, and he comes out of nowhere with his crossbow, nails the zombie right between the eyes, and says "You gotta hit em in the brain... don't y'all know NOTHIN?!"

i dunno, he just reminds me of the kids i grew up with on southside richmond for some reason. sorta sweet in a homicidal racist sorta way.

McGrupp

Quote from: barnesy305 on October 19, 2011, 02:59:35 PM

Weird.

I've never read the graphic novels, but I have a theory about the scene when the guy from the CDC whispers to Rick before the place gets blown up.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

VA $l!m

Quote from: McGrupp on October 19, 2011, 03:11:15 PM

Weird.

I've never read the graphic novels, but I have a theory about the scene when the guy from the CDC whispers to Rick before the place gets blown up.

NO SPOILERS KIDS!!!! i havent read the books. shhhh----  :wink:

phil

Quote from: McGrupp on October 19, 2011, 02:25:57 PM

Definitely. He was a big hit among my roommates last year, all of whom were from SC and like the loudmouth redneck aspect of his character. Dude definitely doesn't put up with any shit.

In the books as well as the series, I've always liked Glen, even though he was a little quiet in the premier.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

rowjimmy

Weird.

Feel free to PM me your theories.

I want to hear them.

phil

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 19, 2011, 03:21:06 PM

Weird.

Feel free to PM me your theories.

I want to hear them.

PM me them as well. I got all amped up at the beginning of the episode when Rick was about to say something about it over the walkie and then got let down
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

qop24

Theories are gradually becoming harder to formulate as they are ignoring so many restrictions/plot elements they have put in place. Perhaps the most obvious example being when the radiator hose breaks on the van so they stop to see if they can fix it while others run down the road to see if they can find car parts/supplies. After some conversation and pointless drama, they hop back in the van and drive away, while the crew going to get auto parts never came back, nor did the van ever get fixed.

Again, the show is fun and all, but holy shit the holes make in impossible to bother figuring out what may happen (assuming they stray from the book).
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy