News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/11 - 1st Bank Center - Broomfield, CO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by whatapiper, October 12, 2010, 02:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 16, 2010, 10:29:49 AM
This Reba is my favorite 2010 Phish (so far.)

I like hearing that.

It's good, huh?  Only some minor whale callage towards the peak, but nothing too bad.

Any musicians know what Mike is doing @ the huge peak (11:14)?  Sounds like he lays down something other than the tonic note, under Trey's peak and really makes you feel heavy -- I'm going to have to go back and critically analyze that....
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 16, 2010, 12:28:55 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on October 16, 2010, 10:29:49 AM
This Reba is my favorite 2010 Phish (so far.)

I like hearing that.

It's good, huh?  Only some minor whale callage towards the peak, but nothing too bad.

Any musicians know what Mike is doing @ the huge peak (11:14)?  Sounds like he lays down something other than the tonic note, under Trey's peak and really makes you feel heavy -- I'm going to have to go back and critically analyze that....

Moderation in all things... A little whal call is ok and it works on this song.

sunrisevt

^^^I agree, the whale call can be of a piece with the 'crying guitar' aesthetic of the Reba jam.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: sunrisevt on October 16, 2010, 04:38:51 PM
^^^I agree, the whale call can be of a piece with the 'crying guitar' aesthetic of the Reba jam.

See 9/14/00 DLPAC version for an example where restraint of the underwater giant could have propelled that version to top 20 status.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

susep

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on October 16, 2010, 05:40:28 PM
Quote from: sunrisevt on October 16, 2010, 04:38:51 PM

See 9/14/00 DLPAC version for an example where restraint of the underwater giant could have propelled that version to top 20 status.

well said, I love the 14Sept.2000 Reba for that very reason. 

rowjimmy

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy