News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/23 - Mullins Center - Amherst, MA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, October 23, 2010, 11:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

With the boys playing like they are now, the music come's third on the list of reasons to tour. Reason #1 CK5, reason #2 The Experience (aka The people and 'Party Favors') and then Reason #3 The Music.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sls.stormyrider

I wasn't there, and I'm not on tour, but the thing with  :phish: and any other band that relies on improv -
it's not what they play, but how they play it.
every DWD is (or should be) different. It's about the jam.
I didn't hear anyone complain when they played Antelope 2 shows in a row this summer. (6/20 and 6/22)

of course, it's all personal taste, etc
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

DoW

oh wait, I have a complaint from last night.
to get your floor wristband, you had to turn in your ticket which you don't get back.  sucks for some people that will need to email phish to get a live downloads code.  and it sucks because you don't have a ticket.

oh and after they checked my bag at security, the woman wanted to check it again for me to get a wristband.  I mean, I must have had a pretty good scheme to sneak something into it by moving the 10 feet forward.
venue was good though.  security seemed nonexistent and let people have a good time.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

thatfargone

Yeah, I hear you...but after traveling 3000 miles in a week....I am pretty let down regardless by the number of repeats in 7 shows.  Not just the disease...but all the songs they are playing every other night...Halloween better fucking kick ass as the only reason I can come up with for such few songs being played and the number of repeats is that they have a very challenging album they are rehearsing.

Also keep in mind all these "back to back" shows you all are mentioning are totally different...off days, large travel between....not less than an hour in consecutive nights.  BOOOOOO!!!!! 
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

mistercharlie

Quote from: bvaz on October 24, 2010, 10:37:00 AM
oh wait, I have a complaint from last night.
to get your floor wristband, you had to turn in your ticket which you don't get back.  sucks for some people that will need to email phish to get a live downloads code.  and it sucks because you don't have a ticket.

That sucks, especially if you had one of the awesome PTBM for this tour.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

redrum

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 24, 2010, 07:01:09 AM
Quote from: G. Augusto on October 24, 2010, 06:52:31 AM
Quote from: Igbo on October 24, 2010, 02:03:48 AM
I had fun

we had a solid section too.
at one point it was

me
mb
sneakinsally
sharebear
bird
birds sister & brother
aug (& his brother)
wtu
mcgrupp
my boy barret
& my friend jon that drove out from minnesota

im prolly forgetting a few too..

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

DoW

with them not really having any monster jams and the number of songs in their catalogue, repeats should be expected.  they've basically repeated the full augusta show this weekend except reba and I have no problem with it.  it happened last fall too.
I remember at portland last year, they played a song or two on back to back nights and played one of those songs 3 of 4 shows.
I hear you on getting burned out but I think what is happening should be expected.

I'm avoiding tracking out last night's set because I don't want it to influence tonight's show in a negative way.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

mbw

halfway to the moon is the coolest new phish tune in a while.

mistercharlie

redrum

---

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: redrum on October 24, 2010, 10:43:37 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 24, 2010, 07:01:09 AM
Quote from: G. Augusto on October 24, 2010, 06:52:31 AM
Quote from: Igbo on October 24, 2010, 02:03:48 AM
I had fun

we had a solid section too.
at one point it was

me
mb
sneakinsally
sharebear
bird
birds sister & brother
aug (& his brother)
wtu
mcgrupp
my boy barret
& my friend jon that drove out from minnesota

im prolly forgetting a few too..
Noice!!!
What a crew, thought I saw Barret in that pic you posted trying to coax  :wtu: back in the window.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

jasonsobel

Quote from: thatfargone on October 24, 2010, 10:00:50 AM
Im sorry but 2 DwD's on back to back nights, with only an hour drive in between felt like an insult.

did you really drive from Providence to Amherst in just one hour?  How fast did you drive?
sing me back home before I die

redrum

its funny when phish playing one of their songs for a crowds enjoyment makes some of their fans feel insulted.
especially when the band obviously wants to play it for their own enjoyment too.

---

thatfargone

Quote from: Undermind on October 24, 2010, 10:57:53 AM
Quote from: redrum on October 24, 2010, 10:52:44 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on October 24, 2010, 10:52:04 AM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on October 24, 2010, 10:47:46 AM
halfway to the moon is the coolest new phish tune in a while.

Agreed.

Glad to hear it pop up twice now this fall.  Has room to grow, but thats probably asking too much these days. :-P

Edit: Jason...sorry 1 Hour and 55 min according to google maps...did iit in less than that...I took I90...gotta do 80 on that shit...but seriously after the marathon run from Charleston>Augusta....felt like minutes. :-)

Red: Damn no wonder Augs bro had no support in the sec? Fluffers!!!!!! :evil:
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.