News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/23 - Mullins Center - Amherst, MA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, October 23, 2010, 11:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrum

Quote from: thatfargone on October 24, 2010, 11:17:10 AM
Not trying to pick a fight brah.  Good for you guys!  Im happy some of us can keep making excuses for these guys, thats a surefire way for them to continue to advance  slowly if at all.  Every tour until this fall I felt they made nightly advances...that has stopped.  I hope I am wrong. :beers:

i know we're not fighting..
---
to you its making excuses.
to me/us its enjoying the phish at what they're doing in the moment.

i'm not saying i love it all either tho.
i wasn't really feeling the provi show & im not fluffing that.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

thatfargone

Not like I'm going home... :rawk:

I got 10 more this year and will have fun at all of them.  BUT, I surely am not going to leave a "I had fun" statement as a review and pretend the show was AMAZING...you all have more to say about me not liking this show than reasons you had for liking it.  I feel thats pretty telling.

We all had fun, I was chilling with an old Dead head at his first show and talked to him about Phish and we traded stories...that was more fun than the show for me.  I wouldn't change anything about this fall.  But, I do this to see the band get better, night after night.  I have talked extensively about this with some of you that I see every night...I just have for the first time since Dec 4 2009, lowered my expectations to have a good time.  That is troubling to me as a fan of this band.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

DoW

it's why I like having another band to fall back on and like seeing smaller venue shows.  for me, I need a mix of music.
in 10 more shows, you should get 5 more DWDs and 7 antelopes.   :wink:

I've successfully managed to avoid tte.  I have a bad feeling about it tonight.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Igbo

To all you Critics that continually overanalyze all the minutia of a joy that we are, imo priviledge to see night in and night out, stop all the whining and criticizing and just enjoy it! When you start doing that, holla at me.

Sorry, but I had a fucking blast night!

redrum

Quote from: bvaz on October 24, 2010, 11:31:17 AM

plz delete this post.

---

redrum

Quote from: Igbo on October 24, 2010, 11:31:41 AM

dood, u were at the show??
come find the paug section tonite!!

---

Undermind

Quote from: redrum on October 24, 2010, 11:32:25 AM

plz delete this post.

I think it's coming tonight.  Yemblog tweeter said they had great chowder for sale at the venue that he would be getting during it.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Igbo

Word red! Saw a lot of the paug kids pre-show. Will see y'all tonite.

thatfargone

it's why I like having another band to fall back on and like seeing smaller venue shows.  for me, I need a mix of music.

This post if full of the truth!!!!

Phish is the only "Jam Band" I see.  I love other music and see as much of it as I can also.  But, I really expect more out of these guys now, I feel that is what we all should have.  The energy is off night to night with the crowd and the shows that are off to me are the ones with less energy and I did have high expectations after Utica and I guess I just needed a double dose of 3.0 reality to get back down to a level where I just take what I get and have fun.  That is not what any of us should be doing...it confirms every single thing people have been critical about this band.  Its a very weird feeling being the most critical person in a review thread.  How the hell did that happen. :? :-o :-D

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

whyweigh5.0

queue the scene from bittersweet motel where trey is talking about critics in his car
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

antelope19

To all you Critics that continually overanalyze all the minutia of a joy that we are, imo priviledge to see night in and night out, stop all the whining and criticizing and just enjoy it! When you start doing that, holla at me.

Thank you!  It is a priviledge. 

No offense to thatfargone, but I'd probably be pretty burnt had I gone on tour since Hershey.  Might be time to hang'em up for a while.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

redrum

Quote from: Igbo on October 24, 2010, 11:37:23 AM
Word red! Saw a lot of the paug kids pre-show. Will see y'all tonite.

:beerbang:

its allgood thatfar, you feel how you feel & thats all there is to it.
its because u love phish. we all do.
if i saw broom (or been on since hersh) i mite feel a lil differently than i do. not sure.
just dont forget you 'can' feel good, no matter what.

---

thatfargone

Quote from: antelope19 on October 24, 2010, 11:42:59 AM

Thank you!  It is a priviledge. 

No offense to thatfargone, but I'd probably be pretty burnt had I gone on tour since Hershey.  Might be time to hang'em up for a while.

Thats what November and Dec is for. :-D  Many of you don't fully know me and a lot of what I am saying is not at all a deterrent for me...even when I am down on a show...at the time, in the moment...I am having a ball.  (ie. those of you who were with me @ Deer creek for TTE)  But when the dust settles, and the moment has passed...to just justify poor playing, bad sets and not living up to a standard they themselves have set...I feel we do the band and ourselves a disservice.

rowjimmy

Quote from: thatfargone on October 24, 2010, 11:37:42 AM

This post if full of the truth!!!!

Phish is the only "Jam Band" I see.  I love other music and see as much of it as I can also.  But, I really expect more out of these guys now, I feel that is what we all should have.  The energy is off night to night with the crowd and the shows that are off to me are the ones with less energy and I did have high expectations after Utica and I guess I just needed a double dose of 3.0 reality to get back down to a level where I just take what I get and have fun.  That is not what any of us should be doing...it confirms every single thing people have been critical about this band.  Its a very weird feeling being the most critical person in a review thread.  How the hell did that happen. :? :-o :-D

Couple bad nights (for you) and your tune sure does change...
Ride it out dude. I think that last night sounded a step above Providence and I'm thinking tonight will be pretty hot.

Of course they'll probably play DWD again but that's just because they're trying to knock kellerb out again.

Everything is such a joke with those Phish guise.

whyweigh5.0

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/