News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/26 - Verizon Wireless Arena - Manchester, NH- Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, October 26, 2010, 11:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoW

Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

thatfargone

Kinda sloppy, more so than Utica IMO but this is promising...too bad it took 3 meh shows to get things going again.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

Caravan2001

Quote from: slslbs on October 27, 2010, 01:19:37 AM
there's a huge hole on top of the Verizon Wireless Center where the roof used to be.

great show.

work tomorrow.  ugghhhh

(can someone write me a note?)

Get a doctor's note  :wink:

JPhishman

Looks like a helluva show! They are pumped... so am I!

YEAH PHISH!

:crazy:
:beerbang:
:phish:
:wtu:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

jasonsobel

my wife and I enjoyed this show a lot.  I think I actually enjoyed set 1 mote, just because I was tired and my back was sore during set 2.  but I really liked Light and Ghost > Mango in set 2.

also, I just finished tracking out my recording.   probably another 30-40 minutes before it's all FLAC'ed and on bt.etree (yes, my 7 year computer is old and slow).
sing me back home before I die

DoW

Quote from: jasonsobel on October 27, 2010, 01:51:55 AM
my wife and I enjoyed this show a lot.  I think I actually enjoyed set 1 mote, just because I was tired and my back was sore during set 2.  but I really liked Light and Ghost > Mango in set 2.

also, I just finished tracking out my recording.   probably another 30-40 minutes before it's all FLAC'ed and on bt.etree (yes, my 7 year computer is old and slow).
damn.  nice work.  I'll try and get mien up in the morning but I just wanted to hear it again anyway.

fwiw, I liked set 1 more too but I danced away set 2.  not that other shows weren't fun but I had more fun tonight than in a long time at a show.  nice seeing you and the wife tonight.  nice seeing undermind as well.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Poster Nutbag

Man!! that setlist looks hot!! Totally off the wall tonight, can't wait to give it a listen tomorrow... Glad that everyone that went caught a great bizzaro show and all had a good time.

peace people...
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

jasonsobel

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=539710

Quote from: bvaz on October 27, 2010, 01:55:33 AM
Quote from: jasonsobel on October 27, 2010, 01:51:55 AM

damn.  nice work.  I'll try and get mien up in the morning but I just wanted to hear it again anyway.

fwiw, I liked set 1 more too but I danced away set 2.  not that other shows weren't fun but I had more fun tonight than in a long time at a show.  nice seeing you and the wife tonight.  nice seeing undermind as well.

it was great to see you again as well, Brian.
sing me back home before I die

burmesepython

zimbra

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 27, 2010, 12:33:41 AM
Never in a million years did I think I'd catch an After Midnight.

*Sigh..... now i will have to wait another 11 years or 200 shows, (whichever comes first-hopefully 206 shows)*

Set list looks like it was a lot of fun, hope they didn't  :samurai: Mango ...

Downloading now, listen tomorrow.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mattstick

I prefer to get stoked over how they play, not what they play, so I skipped forward to set II.

I really liked the Mike's > Simple > Makisupa > Night Nurse > Makisupa sequence.
Ghost is OK, really falls apart at one point and when it comes back together it's very nice...
Love the Mango Song but I had just pulled into my parking spot at work so I didn't hear it.

Hopefully the momentum continues, and AC is more like the tour closers in Atlanta than the tour closers @ Jones Beach.

emay

Quote from: mattstick on October 27, 2010, 09:00:55 AM

I prefer to get stoked over how they play, not what they play, so I skipped forward to set II.

I really liked the Mike's > Simple > Makisupa > Night Nurse > Makisupa sequence.
Ghost is OK, really falls apart at one point and when it comes back together it's very nice...
Love the Mango Song but I had just pulled into my parking spot at work so I didn't hear it.

Hopefully the momentum continues, and AC is more like the tour closers in Atlanta than the tour closers @ Jones Beach.

I agree, I had a lot of fun at Jones beach but I feel the playing and setlist choice seemed like it was for a beginning summer 2 night stand not the tour closer.

Cant believe this is the one show I miss this week and they dropped the llama, alunmni, sloth, mule, and after midnight!!!! ::emay moves up to the northeast::

Hopefully they repeat some bustouts for AC cause prov > umass didnt do it for me. Tour closer and halloween and 10/31 has a 2:15 curfew so gonna be a good time no matta what!!