News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/26 - Verizon Wireless Arena - Manchester, NH- Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, October 26, 2010, 11:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltMe

Quote from: birdman on October 27, 2010, 01:12:31 PM
Wow. People, I had a PHENOMENAL night last night. WTU and Gumbo joined my crew last night for what amounts to my favorite night in years. Sometimes the stars just align and everything is perfect. Tonight was perfect.

Spent the after show with Redrum, Sneaking Sally, and a bunch of other crazy fuckers on the 7th floor of the Radisson.
Thanks for giving us a place to hang, we had a ball. We cannot wait for AC.

P.S Everyone stay away from my sister. Trust me. It's for your own good. :-D

you do know that will just attract them more lol  just sayin...
nothing i see can be taken from me...

UncleEbinezer

Just got a chance to fire this up and I felt the need to go right to Night Nurse!   :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

thatfargone

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on October 28, 2010, 09:04:12 AM
Just got a chance to fire this up and I felt the need to go right to Night Nurse!   :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That was awesome.  Explaing to every single person in my section what song it was and who sung it was not.  RIP Greggory!!! :beers:
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: thatfargone on October 28, 2010, 09:40:12 AM
Quote from: UncleEbinezer on October 28, 2010, 09:04:12 AM

That was awesome.  Explaing to every single person in my section what song it was and who sung it was not.  RIP Greggory!!! :beers:

sometimes pretending to be ignorant is better than displaying knowledge
:wink:

RIP
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mehead

sorry we missed you birdman - you were outside and we were inside...oh well  :beers:  the $2 guinesses were flowing   :beerbang:

had a f'n blast! went down w/ undermind and my bud Aaron..was 77 degrees when we rolled into town, can't beat that for a late October day in new england...

i called the makisupa at about 7:30 when the  :police: were across the street from the venue busting up the hippie crack scene - I counted 7 cop cars and a big ass fire truck  :?  hilarious!!

the place went ape-shit w/ after midnight and we all pretty much knew we were in for a ride...got my sloth that i was hoping for...lucky to catch both alumnis this year...mellow mood fit perfectly...botched intro to access me but oh well, sure beats getting another ocelot which I was sure was coming (glad I was wrong)...

then came llama  :crazy:  was really glad to see Trey give it straight up to Page who promptly killed it (along w/ cactus)...my buddy aaron called a llama but I really was in no mood to see Big Red struggle thru this...The "With" was f'n sweet...mule IMO is all about placement and I thought it really worked here - whole place boogied down...then to get ASIHTOS , Ice and then WOTC...I went bonkers as WOTC started and virtually everyone around me had no clue what they were playing...it was very clear that whatever the set list was supposed to be - they thru it out the window - Trey doing a lot of conversing w/ Page and esp. Mike - totally feeding off the energy and vibe that they were creating..1st set meltage

as usual I got possum'd AGAIN (6/7 in 3.0)...Light got really psychedelic (CK5 was  :crazy: w/ this) - really liked the groove that they found towards the end of it and carried over to Mike's...simple felt really flat to me - meh...then came the makisupa > nice nurse > makisupa...holy straight buttah  :mrgreen:   i am a fan of Wedge but not on this night...wasn't played well and placement was horrible - never got into it...was totally jazzed as they eased into Ghost (my first of 3.0)..not the best - loved how they started it off but felt they never locked into where they wanted to go with this but eventually recovered a bit at the end..mango was a total surprise - again placement was a little off and while far from perfect, it was better than the last couple of attempts...loved the weekapaug and everywhere that went - danced my f'n ass off and then lost my shittles w/ llama reprise

encore confirmed 100% that show of life doesn't work in this slot (and yes, I do like this song) esp. as a one song encore...however, I didn't give 2 shits because of the  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:  that had already transpired

all in all - beautiful fall weather, good friends, $2 pints, killer  :smoke:  , and the complete  :samurai:  at the hands of  :phish:

PRIME springboard for the AC run   :rawk:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

gainesvillegreen

Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

sls.stormyrider

check out Jason's recording
I'm usually a fan of sbds, but the energy in the room, especially during weekapaug>cyhmk>llamaprise is captured much better on the aud (sweet sound, too)
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mehead

Quote from: slslbs on October 30, 2010, 08:10:17 PM
I'm usually a fan of sbds, but the energy in the room, especially during weekapaug>cyhmk>llamaprise is captured much better on the aud (sweet sound, too)

def. will and I totally agree - this is one show where I would prefer a high quality aud over a SBD
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Undermind

Quote from: mehead on October 30, 2010, 08:11:44 PM

def. will and I totally agree - this is one show where I would prefer a high quality aud over a SBD
agreed
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Mr.Slinky

My favorite of the tour that I saw (I did not see Utica or AC).  I would say it had to be one of my all time favs it was just on fire on point and the song selection...DAMN!!!!  Especially what a way to start the first 5 tunes wtf!!!! After midnight, the sloth, alumni>letter>alumni,mellow mood?  CAMON!!!! SICKNESS!!!!  It's ice never hurts me either! A lil scent which can be a rarity these days all in the first set?  That calls for a sick night for me.  Then the mikes madness with the Gregory Isaac shout was insane with the mango>paug>ghost>night nurse>paug>Llama....WHAAAAT!!!!????
Two sticks causing fire, ready to be heavy when you're feather light and steady.  Bling bling when I sparkle cutting corners dropping angles, losing rhythm coils in a tangle no need to be a pretzel smooth as a lizard Ill be slinkin' with a slither.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

JPhishman

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

roggae

Anyone have any specific AUD sources they recommend? I downloaded 10/30 as an AUD as was actually disappointed. Seems I've been away too long and don't know any of the rigs. Lol!
Clearly it's all awful.

jasonsobel

Quote from: roggae on November 11, 2010, 09:22:00 PM

Anyone have any specific AUD sources they recommend? I downloaded 10/30 as an AUD as was actually disappointed. Seems I've been away too long and don't know any of the rigs. Lol!

I might be a little biased, but I've been enjoying this recording a lot:
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=539710
sing me back home before I die