News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/31 - Boardwalk Hall - Atlantic City, NJ - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, November 01, 2010, 01:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

roggae

Clearly it's all awful.

JPhishman

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

Superfreakie

Quote from: G. Augusto on November 25, 2010, 11:14:23 AM
Made an older Dead Head I work with both the Exile and Little Risk set.
He loves both albums but liked the Exile set much more.

I  :-D what you did there.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

DoW

I can't wait for new years.  we need new shows to complain about.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

sls.stormyrider

not sure why WFC is considered Little Risk

someone posted an interview of Mike who said it was one of the most musically complex albums they covered.

imo, it was a greater risk cause lots of people hadn't heard it (or heard of it). Everyone knows Exile, Tommy, DSOTM, and LZ.
an LZ  album, Thriller, or lots of others would have instantly sent people through the roof, and would have been much less risk.

no jamming you say? welcome to 2010.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

thatfargone

LOL at no risk....they had sheet music for every other Halloween.  WFC seems like more work to learn without question.  Learning a live album>shitty beatles covers 
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

G. Augusto

Quote from: thatfargone on November 29, 2010, 12:48:26 PM
LOL at no risk....they had sheet music for every other Halloween.  WFC seems like more work to learn without question.  Learning a live album>shitty beatles covers

Well I take it you're not a Beatles fan....
I don't rank The White album very high, but it is much better than this year's pick.

redrum

what are you a fan of thatfar? besides hating on tours you're on?
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Poster Nutbag

Quote from: Hicks on November 29, 2010, 01:55:11 PM
DE-FIN-IT-IVE!

Quote from: Hicks on November 05, 2010, 10:37:16 PM
Remain in Light
Loaded
DSOTM
Exile
WFC
White Album
Quadrophenia

Not a fan of them doing Dark Side on a whim like they did... It's not a Halloween Album either... Wish they saved it and did it with a sax player and couple back up singers on Halloween... Then it would have ranked up at the top, no kudos from me just because they played, especially considering the Great Gig in the Sky... Which in no way shape or form resembles HYHU in any way...
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

One of the things I like about the musical costume is hearing Phish interpret an album recorded in the studio.  This was obviously not a factor with Waiting For Columbus.

emay

During Mercenary Territory when Trey shreds that solo over the trumpet player, it reminds me of some 70's boardwalk miami vice tone  :rawk: I digggg