News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Entering other pages.

Started by jephrey, September 21, 2005, 11:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

Aight, below the other stuff is fine, but I think the year is a good place for yearly stats (although probably menaingless to some extent).  It's not like they're going to change or anyting, but I think seeing that phish played Character Zero 32 times in 97 is worthwhile so to me there is some benefit to the stats.  However, let's all get a look and come to a concensus.  We could put in a photo or something and put the stats below that.  So please leave all the data (or send it to me in text if you remove any), just let it move to the bottom and we'll deal with it later.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Marmar

As for stubs and stuff.....

I've got quite a few of my stubs scanned......also all the stubs and mailers from the Oldschool Project.....

...for some shows I have pics......non-official of course.....and for other venues I have the seating charts.......

Any interest?
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

jedifunk

yes, to all that!  i love the idea of seating charts (that would obviously go on the venue pages)... the more stubs we have the better (i've got 99% of my stubs and most are scanned in)...  and pics are great too, i've got a few i can add.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

the only problem with pics is copyright...  if you didn't take it yourself, we can't chance it. 

the seat charts and stubs are great though, that's exactly the stuff that we're looking for!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Marmar

Now.....since this is a closed forum, I'm gonna post a reply from KS @ Phish about copyrighted materials being used in fan projects.....DO NOT REPOST THIS OUTSIDE OF THIS CLOSED FORUM!

To: "Marmar" <imthemarmar@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Question about setlist for 5-11-91 The Front

art:

it has been a while though seems like a minute.  hope late spring is
treating you well.  from the looks at bt.etree, you've been busy.
busier than ever here.

1. re: address:  p.o. box XXXX, burlington, vt 05406-4400 should be
fine.  if you need a street address i can provide one, but the p.o.
box should work unless you're fed-ex'ing.
2. re: 5/11/1991:  we don't have tapes in archives so i can't
confirm.  i adopted mockingbird's partial list as unverified, so it's
great todd's masters are xfer'd.  if todd says the tapes are
complete/accurate, i'll take his word for it and adopt this list
until there's something to compare.  did you get a bunch of tapes
from todd?  we discussed transferring a bunch of his stuff at a
point, so i'm psyched he's on it.
3. re: brooklyn:  i'm so psyched this is finally coming out.  not
cypress, but the best full-show video to-date.
4. re: dvd/a:  no answers.  as you're probably aware, there is no
"fair use" policy for phish photos/images though non-commercial uses
often fly below radar.  remind me where we left it and i'll follow up.

gotta run, but hopefully this is some sort of help.  baggott will be
psyched as he's been asking me about this show since before i started
the job.  a decade or so later...his harmonica yem finally surfaces.

best,

--ks

So......take that as a grain of salt......

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

jedifunk

not sure how that applies...

guess, i'm of the idea that if myself or someone i know took the picture it should be legit... is that incorrect thinking?  does having a member of the band in the photo make it unusuable?  i've got some really great shots of the PH return at MSG & Hampton that a friend took (some older stuff too), and i think somewhere i still have a great shot of Phil on the tramps at shoreline.

all my pics would come from my own archives or from a friends, so i'm guessing those would be ok, but correct me if i'm wrong.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Marmar

Basically.....what Kevin is saying without saying is that:

1) Phish has no official stance on the use of pics from their website.....
2) They have no "fair use" policy that would allow the usage of said pics without due credit given.....Like with some sites, you can use the images as long as you credit where it came from.....Phish has no stance on it....yet.....
3) The use of images from their website in non-commercial, fan based projects is generally "ignored"....

He and I are trying to come to some sort of terms where we (fans) can use materials (images) from the site (phish.com/livephish.com) in non-commercial applications (pics for menu's on DVD's, databases, covers, etc.....)

This is part of the process I'm going through to get DVD-A and aDVD-V's more into the foray.....I'm sure that if we send a particular request, and explain exactly what they are being used for, that KS would probably give us the green light......

Besides.....he likes me  :lol:

jedifunk

just what i thought, but again, i was under the assumption that by "images" we meant our own stuff, not stuff that came from phish directly...

in said case, using my own image of page on the wiki would be cool, correct?
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

Marmar

Correct.

If you are using personal images....you own them.....they (the band) doesn't really have a say about that......I mean if they wanted to, they could have em removed becasue cameras aren't allwed inside venues to begin with........

Also....many of the images on their website come from fans.....and a few Pros........I don't know if getting the photographers OK to use their images is all that's needed or not, but I'm pretty sure I could get Libby to give the OK to use images she's taken......

Something to understand about KS.....he's generally on "our" side as long as we don't break the big rules......

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

yeah, uploading stubs is fairly easy and the details page automatically scales the stub, you just have to make sure you name the stub correctly and then on the details page change the link so that it calls that date and not the "upload a stub" stub.  As for pictures, I'm not sure if they should go on the details page, in the discussion, or on a totally seperate page for each show that the details page could link to.  Any ideas? (I like the idea of a seperate linked page personally)

The seating charts can go on the venue pages...  See the one that I did...  Shoreline.

http://wiki.week4paug.net/index.php/Shoreline_Amphitheatre%2C_Mountain_View%2C_CA

As far as mailers and the tour extras etc, if they're legal to put up then the wiki is a great place for them.  Let's just figure out where they should go.

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

mailers and tour extras should probably be part of the 'year' or 'tour' pages...  no?  i know not all will coincide with tours, so by year may be best... 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jephrey

Just because I want to keep y'alls attention on the wiki thread...

I did the details for the creek run and came up with a question.  How do you all think we should handle the Chalkdust Torture Reprise?  My opinion is to keep it named that because it had been played on another occasion.  Give it its own song page etc.

Jephrey

sophist

Quote from: Marmar on July 03, 2006, 09:59:19 AM
Now.....since this is a closed forum, I'm gonna post a reply from KS @ Phish about copyrighted materials being used in fan projects.....DO NOT REPOST THIS OUTSIDE OF THIS CLOSED FORUM!

To: "Marmar" <imthemarmar@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Question about setlist for 5-11-91 The Front

art:

it has been a while though seems like a minute.  hope late spring is
treating you well.  from the looks at bt.etree, you've been busy.
busier than ever here.

1. re: address:  p.o. box XXXX, burlington, vt 05406-4400 should be
fine.  if you need a street address i can provide one, but the p.o.
box should work unless you're fed-ex'ing.
2. re: 5/11/1991:  we don't have tapes in archives so i can't
confirm.  i adopted mockingbird's partial list as unverified, so it's
great todd's masters are xfer'd.  if todd says the tapes are
complete/accurate, i'll take his word for it and adopt this list
until there's something to compare.  did you get a bunch of tapes
from todd?  we discussed transferring a bunch of his stuff at a
point, so i'm psyched he's on it.
3. re: brooklyn:  i'm so psyched this is finally coming out.  not
cypress, but the best full-show video to-date.

gotta run, but hopefully this is some sort of help.  baggott will be
psyched as he's been asking me about this show since before i started
the job.  a decade or so later...his harmonica yem finally surfaces.

best,

--ks

So......take that as a grain of salt......
how the hell did I miss this email?  I have no memory of reading it and I check the wiki forum daily. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!