News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Have you heard about...? (Politics edition)

Started by VDB, November 30, 2010, 10:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nab

Don't worry Kellyanne, maybe it's an alternate virus.

natronzero

She tested alternative negative.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

Hicks

Seeming now like the actual situation is that he knew he was sick a couple days before Friday and still held a fundraising event. 

If that's confirmed it would be a new low of scumbaggery. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

kellerb

Quote from: Hicks on October 04, 2020, 10:38:44 AM
Seeming now like the actual situation is that he knew he was sick a couple days before Friday and still held a fundraising event. 

Doesn't seem particularly low for him and his.

nab

Quote from: kellerb on October 04, 2020, 06:47:57 PM
Quote from: Hicks on October 04, 2020, 10:38:44 AM

Doesn't seem particularly low for him and his.

Maybe not, but we now know that he knows and he still put everyone in his vehicle in danger to wave to some supporters outside Walter Reed.

""Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary presidential 'drive-by' just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity," Dr. James P. Phillips, an attending physician at Walter Reed, tweeted"

nab

sunrisevt

:cry:

JFC. Over/under on how long before poor Dr. Philips is reassigned?
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

ytowndan

Anyone early vote yet?  I went today and it was quite busy, but highly organized.  They took everyone's temperature at the door, enforced strict 6' distancing, plenty of sneeze-guard-style screens, everyone got a pencil so you could use the eraser end to work the touch screen, and they had a dropbox out in the lot for dropping off an absentee ballot.  It's drive-up, so you don't even have to get out of the car.  I am very pleased with our board of elections.  Despite all the distancing, they were still pumping people out pretty quickly.  I hope everyone else's experience is as good. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

khalpin

Quote from: ytowndan on October 07, 2020, 09:17:21 PM
Anyone early vote yet?  I went today and it was quite busy, but highly organized.  They took everyone's temperature at the door, enforced strict 6' distancing, plenty of sneeze-guard-style screens, everyone got a pencil so you could use the eraser end to work the touch screen, and they had a dropbox out in the lot for dropping off an absentee ballot.  It's drive-up, so you don't even have to get out of the car.  I am very pleased with our board of elections.  Despite all the distancing, they were still pumping people out pretty quickly.  I hope everyone else's experience is as good.
Ours was entirely mail-in (if you wanted to), but they sent ballots out to everyone that was registered.  I voted weeks ago....and voted yes on recreational weed.  :wink:

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 07, 2020, 10:10:28 PM
Early voting starts 10/13 in Texas.

Early voting started on Tuesday here, but only if you go to the City County Building downtown. The early voting locations in the other parts of the county dont open until the 26th.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

I voted over a week ago.
The rest of you best get on it.

kellerb

Voted yesterday.  Still seeing all the political signs, was hoping they would disappear

mbw

voting is open for us in about 10 days.
still undecided.  :|
gonna wait for the next debate to make up my mind, i'm sure one of them will really knock my socks off with some fresh ideas.

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on October 08, 2020, 09:09:20 AM
Voted yesterday.  Still seeing all the political signs, was hoping they would disappear

The signs I can deal with. It's all the goddamn houses and pick-up trucks flying Tump flags that I can't stand. One house I pass on my way home from work used to fly one of those POW/MIA flags and they took it down to put up the Dumpster fire flag.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.