News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Have you heard about...? (Politics edition)

Started by VDB, November 30, 2010, 10:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 08, 2020, 11:50:08 AM
Quote from: kellerb on October 08, 2020, 09:09:20 AM
Voted yesterday.  Still seeing all the political signs, was hoping they would disappear

The signs I can deal with. It's all the goddamn houses and pick-up trucks flying Tump flags that I can't stand. One house I pass on my way home from work used to fly one of those POW/MIA flags and they took it down to put up the Dumpster fire flag.

There's a couple trump banners around here with the "Make Liberals Cry Again" logo, which at least has some honesty about the motivations and thought processes of trump voters

PIE-GUY

It's funny. In my liberal austin hood people are generally shamed out of putting actual Trump signs in their yards. Instead they make it obvious with their overblown support for the right wing nut job running for city council and pro-police messages.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sunrisevt

There's a couple of Trump signs on my hill--in my little, progressive VT hometown, goddammit. Fuckin' people, man -- they're the worst.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mbw

I've seen like 3 Biden signs and 1 Trump sign in all of Chicagoland.

sls.stormyrider

I have to laugh at the Trump signs that say
No More Bullshit

really???

the only thing more ridiculous is "Drain the Swamp"

got our ballots last week. I still have to decide on the local ballot questions, will turn them in at town hall later in the week
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mistercharlie

Line was longer than RSD!

2 hours and 45 minutes of waiting in the cold, but I voted!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sls.stormyrider

Interesting interview of a GOP congressman from PA. He signed the petition asking for them to throw out the PA results.
He admitted there was fraud

committed by Republicans
https://www.penncapital-star.com/civil-rights-social-justice/capital-star-qa-rep-seth-grove-on-election-hearings-voter-fraud-and-the-future-of-reform-in-pa/

QuoteC-S: Was there election fraud in 2020?

SG: Yes, there was. They have confirmed cases of election fraud.

C-S: Who committed that fraud in Pennsylvania?

SG: Right, Republicans. But it?s still election fraud. It doesn?t matter who [commits] it. We don?t want that fraud to occur. And to say there wasn?t any is a lie.

Now, I will say there?s not like this mass amount of fraud, that?s going to shift hundreds of thousands of votes. But there was election fraud. We have had repeated, repeated election fraud in this commonwealth for decades.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."