News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by cactusfan, December 07, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: ytowndan on August 22, 2017, 01:04:36 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on August 22, 2017, 11:46:51 AM
[spoiler]anyone else read the theory that Bran is The Night King? It kinda makes sense.[/spoiler]

Care to explain and/or provide a link?

Sorry, I thought I put the link in the post.  :|

http://nerdist.com/bran-night-king-game-of-thrones-theory/
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

btw, dany in stripped fur= RRreeeooooww  :mrgreen:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

ytowndan

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 22, 2017, 04:47:16 PM
[spoiler]anyone else read the theory that Bran is The Night King? It kinda makes sense.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I'm not sure I followed that 100%, but I think I did.  Maybe I'm having a brain fart and there's an obvious answer here but, if Bran really did get trapped in the guy who became the NK, why not just stop it all right then and there?  Why destroy countless lives and waste thousands of years building an army that you were trying to stop in the first place? [/spoiler]
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

Quote from: ytowndan on August 22, 2017, 07:00:27 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on August 22, 2017, 04:47:16 PM

[spoiler]I'm not sure I followed that 100%, but I think I did.  Maybe I'm having a brain fart and there's an obvious answer here but, if Bran really did get trapped in the guy who became the NK, why not just stop it all right then and there?  Why destroy countless lives and waste thousands of years building an army that you were trying to stop in the first place? [/spoiler]
Good point. [spoiler]But Bran really hasn't been trying to fight the NK since he went full-on Three-Eyed Raven.[/spoiler]
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

How has this existed for two years and I'm just now seeing it!?!?!

VDB

I have takes:

• [spoiler]The deus ex dragona bit starts to wear thin. Maybe the ice dragon will kill another one, then it and the last one will kill each other, and we'll get back to doing things the hard way.[/spoiler]
  • [spoiler]Jon sure did seem to give up on his defiant, I-will-never-bow-to-you stance rather easily, didn't he? Dude must be hard up for some ass.[/spoiler]
  • [spoiler]Hard to cheer for his and Dany's blossoming(?) romance when you know the family ties. But I'm down with nekkedness, so whatever.[/spoiler]
  • [spoiler]Arya sure is a little weirdo.[/spoiler]
Is this still Wombat?

GBL

I am actually surprised that a lot of you are so negative about Jon and Dany getting together.  The Targaryean house had been marrying each other for centuries, including Aegon I, the first Lord of the Seven Kingdoms who married both of his sisters.

QuoteHouse Targaryen historically followed the gods of Valyria. Sometime before Aegon's Conquest, the Targaryens abandoned the Valyrian gods and converted to the Faith of the Seven, the predominant religion in Westeros.[20] However, they continued to follow the Valyrian practice of incestuous marriage, wedding brother to sister, cousin to cousin, uncle to niece and aunt to nephew, holding themselves apart from and above the noble Westerosi families.

It's happening, get over it..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

VA $l!m

ok,  that was fucking awesome

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

WhatstheUse?

For some reason, I thought this was the final season. I didn't realize there was another until just now.

So.... I was really confused after watching the last episode when things didn't exactly get resolved.

But now that I know that.... I'm excited.
Bring in the dude!

VA $l!m

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 28, 2017, 01:42:35 PM
For some reason, I thought this was the final season. I didn't realize there was another until just now.

So.... I was really confused after watching the last episode when things didn't exactly get resolved.

But now that I know that.... I'm excited.
still cant believe there is only 1 'short' season left.
this season already seemed to rush through events, and i can't fathom how 7 eps or whatver it is left can resolve everything.
regardless, its gonnna be a loooong wait til next year. hope i make it, lol.

GBL

I think it will be just 6 episodes.  I am expecting it to be action packed.

QuoteFor a time in January 2017, Season 8 renewal was put on indefinite hold, due to a disagreement between HBO and the showrunners over the number of episodes it would contain. While originally Benioff and Weiss stated they intended 7 episodes for Season 7 and 6 for Season 8, apparently there was some internal pushback that they should make more than six episodes (whether for story reasons or purely business/budget reasons is unclear).[3] At their SXSW panel on March 12, 2017, Benioff and Weiss announced that Season 8 will consist of the originally planned six episodes. No new writers will be introduced: Dave Hill will write the first episode, Bryan Cogman the second episode, then Benioff and Weiss will divide up the remaining four. George R.R. Martin will not be returning to script another episode. The final season could contain multiple episodes of up to two hours long in length and could be the longest season to date, even though the season only contains 6 episodes.

Cast

Note: All cast members whose characters survive the events of Season 7 are expected to return for Season 8.
If this is love, I'm never going home..

VDB

Is this still Wombat?