News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by cactusfan, December 07, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lifeboy

Quote from: mbw on July 26, 2015, 10:30:04 AM
Dead guy is there to film some flashbacks or his funeral, cause, he's like dead, ya know.

I thought the same thing when I first saw that. I don't think there's any significance whatsoever of him being there. That said, I still think there's a huge possibility that he will be back, but I don't think him being on location is a very big indicator.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

rowjimmy

Right cos it doesn't contradict any of this end of contract, dead is dead bs when we all know that in the GoT universe, dead ain't dead.

I'm sure he's just vacationing there.

Mmhmm

blatboom

I mean.. I thought people had figured out how this all plays out by now (still hate this show and won't be watching)

ytowndan

There's also some new toys that [a certain character] isn't a part of, adding to the theory that HBO sucks at keeping a secret. 

Or they're just messing with us.  Or, perhaps they just gave up with the "secret" because it's so obvious in the first place. 

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 26, 2015, 12:59:32 PM
we all know that in the GoT universe, dead ain't dead.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

I made my own GOT/GD shirt I call it 'Steal Your Direwolf'. The site I used has it up for sale also if you want one too. We could be t-shirt twins! Really not trying to sell anything here, if one sells I do get $4 though, and that Includes the one I bought for myself. I was just proud of my lazy day afternoon project and wanted to share the results.

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/258170-steal-your-direwolf
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

gah

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 12, 2015, 05:15:29 PM
I made my own GOT/GD shirt I call it 'Steal Your Direwolf'. The site I used has it up for sale also if you want one too. We could be t-shirt twins! Really not trying to sell anything here, if one sells I do get $4 though, and that Includes the one I bought for myself. I was just proud of my lazy day afternoon project and wanted to share the results.

Nice!

If you could add some lyrics onto the back of the shirt, like between the shoulder blades, you know how some tee's have and have it say:

"The winter was so hard and cold,
froze ten feet 'neath the ground"

I'd be all over it.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mistercharlie

Quote from: gah on August 12, 2015, 05:26:26 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on August 12, 2015, 05:15:29 PM

Nice!

If you could add some lyrics onto the back of the shirt, like between the shoulder blades, you know how some tee's have and have it say:

"The winter was so hard and cold,
froze ten feet 'neath the ground"

I'd be all over it.

That would be awesome, but sadly this site only prints one-sided.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

rowjimmy

You guys have all seen the new poster, right?

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

The one featuring a bloody, but alive looking , Snow?

Hellz yeah!

emay

whatthecello42

new blogpost from GRRM today  http://grrm.livejournal.com/465247.html

In it, he sheds some light on his frustration with deadlines and concerns over book/show divergence, and the possibility of the show giving away "spoilers" to book readers, etc.

QuoteHere it is, the first of January. The book is not done, not delivered. No words can change that. I tried, I promise you. I failed. I blew the Halloween deadline, and I've now blown the end of the year deadline. And that almost certainly means that no, THE WINDS OF WINTER will not be published before the sixth season of GAME OF THRONES premieres in April

rowjimmy

Good start.
Looks like trouble...pretty much everywhere.

VDB

Someone who's also read the books, tell me: How much had the show pulled dialog straight from the source material? This season's opener struck me as having, possibly, less impressive writing than past episodes, and I wonder if that's because the showrunners are now much more on their own.
Is this still Wombat?