News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Giants v Vikings

Started by UncleEbinezer, December 13, 2010, 10:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Quote from: nab on December 14, 2010, 11:14:33 AM
After reviewing the "highlights", I'm sorta glad I didn't watch this game.

Boo

Looks like its another decade of rebuilding for the Vikes, unless we can trade away the next decade's draft picks for another washed up quarterback.

I think your offense has a solid core of young players with Peterson, Rice, Harvin and Shiancoe.  Jackson is average, but I think he'll be fine with that supporting cast.  Your defense on the other hand....... 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

phil

Quote from: zimbra on December 14, 2010, 01:56:14 AM
Quote from: phil on December 13, 2010, 05:29:54 PM
Quote from: zimbra on December 13, 2010, 05:15:31 PM
Quote from: phil on December 13, 2010, 04:53:22 PM
Quote from: zimbra on December 13, 2010, 04:39:52 PM
Quote from: phil on December 13, 2010, 04:38:24 PM
Quote from: zimbra on December 13, 2010, 04:35:00 PM
Go to a bar play and pool at half time,  be home by 12.

Quote from: phil on December 13, 2010, 02:28:28 PM
For the sake of my fantasy team, I need Adrian Peterson to suck major balls. Which seems unlikely. They'll probably call his number more than usual tonight what with their star QB injured and all  :evil:.

Boomer Sooner  :mrgreen:

I like Adrian Peterson well enough but it's fantasy playoffs time. I'm currently up by 30 with no players left to go and the guy I'm playing has Adrian Peterson and Sidney Rice tonight...it will definitely be a nailbiter

Are you playing any Giant's players tonight?

No, I did just notice that this guy also has Ryan Longwell tonight (Vikes kicker)...I'd rather get hit in the nuts with a crowbar than do this but it looks like I'm pulling for the shitbag Giants tonight :|

Sooo who gets to hit you in the nuts with a crowbar?

Is anyone here really feeble? If so, front of the line.

Well I don't think you have any worries about Adrian Peterson, only 61 total rushing yards for the Vikings.

I can't even begin to describe how nerve-racking that game was for my fantasy team. I ended up winning by 1.45 :-o
Extremely lucky.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

zimbra

Quote from: phil on December 14, 2010, 11:44:58 AM
Quote from: zimbra on December 14, 2010, 01:56:14 AM
Quote from: phil on December 13, 2010, 05:29:54 PM
Quote from: zimbra on December 13, 2010, 05:15:31 PM
Quote from: phil on December 13, 2010, 04:53:22 PM
Quote from: zimbra on December 13, 2010, 04:39:52 PM
Quote from: phil on December 13, 2010, 04:38:24 PM
Quote from: zimbra on December 13, 2010, 04:35:00 PM
Go to a bar play and pool at half time,  be home by 12.

Quote from: phil on December 13, 2010, 02:28:28 PM
For the sake of my fantasy team, I need Adrian Peterson to suck major balls. Which seems unlikely. They'll probably call his number more than usual tonight what with their star QB injured and all  :evil:.

Boomer Sooner  :mrgreen:

I like Adrian Peterson well enough but it's fantasy playoffs time. I'm currently up by 30 with no players left to go and the guy I'm playing has Adrian Peterson and Sidney Rice tonight...it will definitely be a nailbiter

Are you playing any Giant's players tonight?

No, I did just notice that this guy also has Ryan Longwell tonight (Vikes kicker)...I'd rather get hit in the nuts with a crowbar than do this but it looks like I'm pulling for the shitbag Giants tonight :|

Sooo who gets to hit you in the nuts with a crowbar?

Is anyone here really feeble? If so, front of the line.

Well I don't think you have any worries about Adrian Peterson, only 61 total rushing yards for the Vikings.

I can't even begin to describe how nerve-racking that game was for my fantasy team. I ended up winning by 1.45 :-o
Extremely lucky.

Nail biter, grats on the win.  Fantasy football wins always feel good for some reason.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

phil

I love winning at fantasy football. It's like winning a prize for jacking off.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

nab

Quote from: antelope19 on December 14, 2010, 11:19:29 AM
Quote from: nab on December 14, 2010, 11:14:33 AM
After reviewing the "highlights", I'm sorta glad I didn't watch this game.

Boo

Looks like its another decade of rebuilding for the Vikes, unless we can trade away the next decade's draft picks for another washed up quarterback.

I think your offense has a solid core of young players with Peterson, Rice, Harvin and Shiancoe.  Jackson is average, but I think he'll be fine with that supporting cast.  Your defense on the other hand.......

True, but I think that Rice is up for free agency soon. 

nab

Quote from: phil on December 14, 2010, 04:43:36 PM

If you're not getting the prize for taking the bishop to court, you're not driving the right way.

zimbra

Quote from: phil on December 14, 2010, 04:43:36 PM
:-D
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Vikings prepping outdoor college stadium just in case
By: Larry Mayer | Last Updated: 12/14/2010 5:21 PM LAKE FOREST, Ill. – It appears that Monday night's Bears-Vikings game will be played in Minneapolis, but it has yet to be determined whether the contest will be held in the Metrodome.

The Vikings released a statement Tuesday announcing that preparations are being made to move the game to the University of Minnesota's new outdoor stadium in the event the Metrodome isn't ready. The Metrodome's roof caved in Sunday morning after a storm dumped 17 inches of snow on the area.

"The Minnesota Vikings are working diligently with the University of Minnesota and the NFL on preparing TCF Bank Stadium in the event that Mall of America Field at the Metrodome will not be ready for Monday night's Vikings-Bears game. Their cooperation has been tremendous," the statement read.

"The Vikings are committed to ensuring a home game in Minnesota for our fans. We will continue to update fans and media as the process moves forward, but at this time no further information is available."

The high temperature in Minneapolis Monday is expected to reach 23 degrees with a low of nine degrees and a 20 percent chance of precipitation.

WhatstheUse?

^^

That would be pretty cool! (pun intended)

The new Gopher's stadium is great.
Bring in the dude!

antelope19

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 14, 2010, 08:57:14 PM

That would be pretty cool! (pun intended)

The new Gopher's stadium is great.

Well.....

The Vikings announced that the Metrodome is "unavailable" for Monday night's game, and the team has turned it's "full attention" to the University of Minnesota's TCF Bank Stadium.

ESPN 1500 Twin Cities reports the Vikings are already "moving forward with plans" to play at TCF Bank Stadium, in what would be their first outdoor home game in three decades. The long-range forecast calls for a high of 22 and low of seven Monday night. As beat writer Jeremy Fowler put it, the Vikes might be playing a "third-string quarterback in a second-string stadium with the second-string coach."

WhatstheUse?

Interesting.

And I'll actually be back home by next Monday.

I wonder if I should get a ticket to watch us lose again?
Bring in the dude!

antelope19

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 14, 2010, 10:05:10 PM
Interesting.

And I'll actually be back home by next Monday.

I wonder if I should get a ticket to watch us lose again?

Ps- I'm calling BS on your little award ceremony

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 14, 2010, 07:58:17 PM
okay, I'll play.

Thread You Never Open: video games/sports/political

:-D

You should totally go if you can.  This will be a totally unique experience

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

antelope19

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 14, 2010, 10:14:01 PM
Busted. :crazy:

I actually didn't know you followed sports at all. 

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: antelope19 on December 14, 2010, 10:16:16 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 14, 2010, 10:14:01 PM
Busted. :crazy:

I actually didn't know you followed sports at all.

I don't. 

Just popped in here because I had heard about the collapse from friends back home...

I do like football though.
Bring in the dude!