News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/30 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, December 30, 2010, 11:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Undermind

Quote from: zimbra on December 31, 2010, 03:10:03 AM
Quote from: Multibeast12 on December 31, 2010, 02:04:03 AM
18 minute Tweezer has got me really pumped to Listen.

I loved it during the stream, can't wait to re-listen!

same here.  Page was nasty during this too.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

qop24

Very much approved of the show, as well as the quality of the stream, totally worth it imo, also liked watching it before the show started when people were filling the place up. I'm a fan of the bathtub gin, tweezer, antelope, and I'm glad they played some Little Feat again!
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

Hicks

Ha me and Caravan estimated that Tweezer at about 12 minutes, probably because we were eating during the beginning though. . .  most definitely the show highlight.

I hate to burst bubbles but Trey botched the ascending riff in Theme as usual.

Fluffhead was about 99% nailed though.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 31, 2010, 08:35:20 AM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on December 31, 2010, 12:07:54 AM
Quote from: G. Augusto on December 31, 2010, 12:05:58 AM
Fun show!

b00m, haterz!

Haven't seen any hate for this show in here or the LST.

/just sayin'

we ran into Thatfargone on the streets of Manhattan post-show last night and he was already hatin' like a hater-McHates-a-lot.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

thatfargone

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 31, 2010, 08:35:20 AM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on December 31, 2010, 12:07:54 AM
Quote from: G. Augusto on December 31, 2010, 12:05:58 AM
Fun show!

b00m, haterz!

Haven't seen any hate for this show in here or the LST.

/just sayin'

You rang?

Seriously I was not too fond of this show.  Not because it was bad, but because it was the night I finally got 3.0

Phish played.

I had fun.

FUCK! is that all there is left??? :cry:
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Buffalo Budd

:roll:
^^^Not sure what you expect.  How many shows have you seen this year?  You'd think you would have figured it out by now.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

thatfargone

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on December 31, 2010, 11:16:29 AM
:roll:
^^^Not sure what you expect.  How many shows have you seen this year?  You'd think you would have figured it out by now.

At this point, way more than most of you guys.  :|

Sorry I don't fluff everything.  What are you and Red rolling your eyes at exactly?
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

tet

Amazing show!!  Pics to come (had SICKEST seats I've had in a loooooong time), but unfortunately none of my brief run-in with JustJezmund - great to see you!! #1fail=  :frustrated:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mattstick

I won't fluff this show - it was good, not great.

Phish is a good band, they play good shows, but let's not pour unnecessary praise on a show that had a few highlights and a lot of average stuff.

danje

I really liked this show. The Maze peaked really hard. The Tweezer went deep finally, but you tell Trey was having trouble keeping up. Light was terrible - hurt my ears. Great fucking encore.

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on December 31, 2010, 12:22:18 PM

Phish is a good band, they play good shows, but let's not pour unnecessary praise on a show that had a few highlights and a lot of average stuff.

Truth. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

Antelope was terrible.  Trey going through the motions, I don't think he nailed one section.

Page just destroyed 2001.

aphineday

Quote from: mattstick on December 31, 2010, 12:22:18 PM

This is mostly true, but I would add that PHISH IS PLAYING SHOWS. Although they may not be what everyone deems the best shows ever, some people may in fact feel that they are getting there again, and that's okay too! I think we miss the fact that people who attended (or heard a great stream) might fluff a little bit more because it's so fresh. I mean I know we talk about the bias of the "I was at that show" mentality, but I think it's hard for anyone to listen critically until ALL of that fluff is out of your mind. Being completely honest: at this specific moment, I am completely enthralled by the Hood and Stash from 12.28. Will this change? Probably, but for now I'm glad I can find happiness with where this band is. Again, I'm pretty much agreeing with you Matt, but trying to perceive from all angles as well. /end soapbox
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...