News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

01/01 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Superfreakie, January 01, 2011, 11:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gainesvillegreen

Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

Nobes

Quote from: aphineday on January 02, 2011, 02:02:40 PM
Quote from: Nobes on January 02, 2011, 01:49:04 PM
Quote from: qop24 on January 02, 2011, 12:30:15 PM

*seen from couch

Does that count? If so, I got my first Reba. Finally! Stream sucked for a bit, but I like couching it. Kept me away from smelly assholes who steal seats and piss in garbage cans (Worcester may have been my last show in person).
Of all the reasons to not go to shows anymore, this may be the worst.

Meaning I should suck it up? That it's not a reason at all to not go to shows anymore? Or that it's actually a good reason but an awful thing? I'm so confused anymore.

Poster Nutbag

Quote from: Nobes on January 02, 2011, 02:26:28 PM

*seen from couch

Does that count? If so, I got my first Reba. Finally! Stream sucked for a bit, but I like couching it. Kept me away from smelly assholes who steal seats and piss in garbage cans (Worcester may have been my last show in person).

Meaning I should suck it up? That it's not a reason at all to not go to shows anymore? Or that it's actually a good reason but an awful thing? I'm so confused anymore.

Well that never kept me away... If someone steals your seats when either you have good seats or you and and crowd have already established your group where you are supposed to sit then you have to give them the boot and say FUCK THAT!! unless you have shitty upper deck seats and your just making your way to them in the beginning of the show, then you should probably just grab up another row... and the other point about smelly assholes, I concur, B O bombers suck ass... 
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

Nobes

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on January 02, 2011, 02:41:10 PM
Quote from: Nobes on January 02, 2011, 02:26:28 PM

*seen from couch

Well that never kept me away... If someone steals your seats when either you have good seats or you and and crowd have already established your group where you are supposed to sit then you have to give them the boot and say FUCK THAT!! unless you have shitty upper deck seats and your just making your way to them in the beginning of the show, then you should probably just grab up another row... and the other point about smelly assholes, I concur, B O bombers suck ass...

Gotcha. Yeah, they didn't steal my seat, but the one next to me. And it wasn't one person who stole it, it was three. They were all like "yeah we can fit in here. Let's just go nuts to butts. Nuts to butts, baby." Thought they were so funny. So fucking lame. The pissing in the garbage can was what really did it for me though. Oh well whatever, that's not what this thread is supposed to be about anyway.

roggae

Clearly it's all awful.

G. Augusto

roggae

Clearly it's all awful.

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

HammondOrganism

I thought last night was the best show of the run, jibboo was money. also the whole second set was good, especially the simple > sally. I think the band needs to go in the direction that the simple's have set. Trey could use the loop machine alot more instead of just soloing over the rest of the band trying to experiment. a whole tour of trey looping his parts would be a great direction to go. thats just my interpretation of the situation.
Mike rating the Fishman Tune
On a scale from 3 to 4......i give it a 4

whatapiper

1/1 FTW!!! Is it now 3.1?
Yay, sass and L bender, is there anything better?
Raged hotel Penn with many old and new friends
Now stuck in O'Hare and look like a dead man on this chair
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

DoW

last night's show is a prime example of why it is worth making the trip to NY for a single show.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

G. Augusto

Surprised at all the hype last night is getting.
Was just another 3.0 show for me.

susep

from what I heard of set 2.....it was tasty....I loved Trey's nod to couch-tour during makisupa  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

:smoke: :mrgreen:

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on January 02, 2011, 02:16:30 PM
Round Room is solid! So pleased...

missed the first set, pumped to hear.

DoW

Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

birdman

Paug FTMFW!