News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Abbey Road Region - 5-Bob Dylan v 12-Frank Zappa

Started by UncleEbinezer, March 15, 2011, 09:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Dylan's lyrics have made most of pop & rock music what it is today.

Someone cited Robert Hunter above as a preference... I spoke to Robert Hunter once after a show of his and, after I effused about he and Dylan being my greatest influences as a songwriter, he looked at me and said, "Yes, well, without Bob Dylan none of us would even be in this room tonight."

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

phil

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 18, 2011, 02:57:06 PM

Someone cited Robert Hunter above as a preference... I spoke to Robert Hunter once after a show of his and, after I effused about he and Dylan being my greatest influences as a songwriter, he looked at me and said, "Yes, well, without Bob Dylan none of us would even be in this room tonight."

Dylan may have gotten the ball rolling, but I still greatly prefer Hunter's lyrics. Just personal preference.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mistercharlie

Quote from: phil on March 19, 2011, 10:13:38 AM

Dylan may have gotten the ball rolling, but I still greatly prefer Hunter's lyrics. Just personal preference.

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 16, 2011, 09:37:02 AM
I don't care what you all say, Dinah Moe Hum has better lyrics than anything Dylan or Hunter wrote.  :evil:  :wink:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

Quote from: phil on March 19, 2011, 10:13:38 AM

If the "greatest rock music lyrics" debate were to take place, I think Hunter is one of the few who is legitimately up there at the dylan level.