News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NFL 2011-2012

Started by khalpin, March 23, 2011, 08:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellerb

Quote from: phil on March 26, 2011, 09:54:28 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 26, 2011, 06:56:47 AM
Quote from: phil on March 26, 2011, 12:46:35 AM
I miss football. It makes me cringe to think that I'll be stuck with baseball highlights polluting ESPN all summer.

ESPN exists outside of football season?!?

It's excusable until the end of the NBA finals, then it just becomes a cesspool of snoozeball recaps...last year was tolerable because of the world cup but I'd rather shoot myself than watch sportscenter in the summer, it seems like they talk about baseball for hours at a time

The NBA still exists?

phil

Quote from: kellerb on March 27, 2011, 01:38:10 AM
Quote from: phil on March 26, 2011, 09:54:28 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 26, 2011, 06:56:47 AM
Quote from: phil on March 26, 2011, 12:46:35 AM
I miss football. It makes me cringe to think that I'll be stuck with baseball highlights polluting ESPN all summer.

ESPN exists outside of football season?!?

It's excusable until the end of the NBA finals, then it just becomes a cesspool of snoozeball recaps...last year was tolerable because of the world cup but I'd rather shoot myself than watch sportscenter in the summer, it seems like they talk about baseball for hours at a time

The NBA still exists?

Of course. Where else would we be able to find genuine "swag" these days?
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

antelope19

Eh, I'd take MLB highlights over NBA highlights any day.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

gah

Quote from: antelope19 on March 31, 2011, 01:30:51 AM
Eh, I'd take MLBNHL playoff highlights over NBA highlights any day.

fypfm
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

khalpin

gah

Quote from: khalpin on March 31, 2011, 01:03:42 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on March 31, 2011, 12:02:57 PM
Eh, I'd take MLBNHL playoff pre-season highlights over NBA highlights any day.

fypfm
fypfm

HA, yeah, I should've just said NHL over NBA anyday. I was just thinking of the next couple months...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

phil

Quote from: goodabouthood on March 31, 2011, 01:18:32 PM
Quote from: khalpin on March 31, 2011, 01:03:42 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on March 31, 2011, 12:02:57 PM
Eh, I'd take MLBNHL playoff pre-season highlights over NBA highlights any day.

fypfm
fypfm

HA, yeah, I should've just said NHL over NBA anyday. I was just thinking of the next couple months...

The next couple months are the worst in the entire sports year. Once the NBA playoffs end there's nothing but snoozeball highlights on Sportscenter. Aside from the occasional tennis tournament, there are really no sporting events worth watching between june and when college football starts.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mistercharlie

Quote from: zimbra on April 20, 2011, 01:06:09 AM
Schedule was announced tonight at 7 E.T.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/schedule

The Colts look to have a pretty easy schedule this year, aside from the Steelers, the Saints and of course the ever-hated Pats. So I'm going to go ahead and get things started:

Suck it Rapistburger!

Go to hell, Brady. You and your coach can go cut the sleeves off of sweatshirts together.

Damn you Drew Brees, but I have to admit you have talent.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

phil

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 20, 2011, 10:06:07 AM

The Colts look to have a pretty easy schedule this year, aside from the Steelers, the Saints and of course the ever-hated Pats. So I'm going to go ahead and get things started:

Suck it Rapistburger!

Go to hell, Brady. You and your coach can go cut the sleeves off of sweatshirts together.

My prediction for the colts this year: Manning will put up godlike numbers and the colts will fall apart in the playoffs. Better than my Redskins will do but still...

mistercharlie

Quote from: phil on April 20, 2011, 10:08:56 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 20, 2011, 10:06:07 AM

Suck it Rapistburger!

My prediction for the colts this year: Manning will put up godlike numbers and the colts will fall apart in the playoffs. Better than my Redskins will do but still...

That seems like a pretty accurate prediction, but I'm hoping we can hold it together in the playoffs (and keep more than half our team off of the Injured list) so that we can play a Super Bowl on our home field.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

DoW

my prediction is they will implement a new rule that doesn't allow defenses to blitz manning or brady or there will be a 20 yard penalty (new rule to make sure people get the point).
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

antelope19

You're not nervous about traveling to Baltimore?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mistercharlie

Quote from: antelope19 on April 20, 2011, 10:34:09 AM
You're not nervous about traveling to Baltimore?

Nah, they spend the whole time hating us for 'stealing their team' and they don't spend enough time trying to beat us.  :roll:

phuzzyfish12

I like the Giants schedule for this year, actually seems pretty easy. I predict lots of heartbreaking losses that should have been easy wins.