News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Sweet 16 - Round 3 - Abbey Road Region 3-Nirvana v. 2-PinkFloyd

Started by UncleEbinezer, March 25, 2011, 07:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

kellerb

fauxpaxfauxreal

sls.stormyrider

actually, it depends upon how you use the word nirvana.
in some ways it is true
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

ph92

Quote from: phil on March 26, 2011, 12:42:30 AM
The first time I did acid I listened to Animals and watched The Land Before Time with the tv muted. Needless to say, I'm voting floyd.
Dark side of the Toast....

Brave Little Toaster + Dark side of the moon... Awesome Possum.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

qop24

Meh. I always prefered pink floyd with my eyes closed, and not being a stereotypical high-school stoner who only knows DSOTM because it's that album that does funny things at certain times during _____ movie.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

phil

Quote from: kellerb on March 27, 2011, 01:00:48 AM
Quote from: phil on March 26, 2011, 12:42:30 AM
The first time I did acid I listened to Animals and watched The Land Before Time with the tv muted. Needless to say, I'm voting floyd.

The Land Before Time?

Don't knock it 'til you try it. That movie changed my life, both as a five-year-old and again as a 17-year-old.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

ph92

Quote from: qop24 on March 27, 2011, 10:33:14 AM
Meh. I always prefered pink floyd with my eyes closed, and not being a stereotypical high-school stoner who only knows DSOTM because it's that album that does funny things at certain times during _____ movie.
Yeah I know wizard of oz. Another one that works is meddle and 2001 a space odyssey. But you are right, it is better when you dont have any visuals.
Make America Melt Again!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: phishhead92 on March 27, 2011, 07:40:58 PM
Yeah I know wizard of oz. Another one that works is meddle and 2001 a space odyssey. But you are right, it is better when you dont have any visuals.

Yeah, but Dark Side of the Rainbow is really fun when done right. Alamo Drafthouse plays it every year during their "High for the Holidays" series. Seeing it on the big screen with a huge sound system and an 150 really fucked up people is pretty sweet.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

danje

ph92

Quote from: danje on March 27, 2011, 09:52:24 PM
Echoes and Jupiter and Beyond:

Exactly!

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 27, 2011, 09:34:57 PM

Yeah, but Dark Side of the Rainbow is really fun when done right. Alamo Drafthouse plays it every year during their "High for the Holidays" series. Seeing it on the big screen with a huge sound system and an 150 really fucked up people is pretty sweet.
Best time to start is right when the screen goes black after the 3 roars from the lion.

You can tell  cause breathe will sync with the opening credits or maybe its the "Wizard of Oz" title. But it will be obvious. And just let the album repeat after
Make America Melt Again!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: phishhead92 on March 27, 2011, 11:29:01 PM

Exactly!

Best time to start is right when the screen goes black after the 3 roars from the lion.

You can tell  cause breathe will sync with the opening credits or maybe its the "Wizard of Oz" title. But it will be obvious. And just let the album repeat after

I don't mean "when it's timed just right" I mean when it's "done right." Nevermind.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

ytowndan

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 27, 2011, 11:38:10 PM
Quote from: phishhead92 on March 27, 2011, 11:29:01 PM

Exactly!

I don't mean "when it's timed just right" I mean when it's "done right." Nevermind.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

I know this may sound strange, and alot of you may not agree with me... But I've found that Foo Fighters has more staying power than Nirvana. Aside from Unplugged I haven't listened to Nirvana in ages, but I find myself wanting to listen to The Colour And The Shape quite often.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

UncleEbinezer

High for the Holidays!    :mrgreen:   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D