News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Jauntee

Started by WhatstheUse?, April 11, 2011, 07:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Full honesty: the vocals in the band have improved massively. The playing has too but there is really great playing in this track already.

Also, interesting to see the list of artists on that disc. I'm currently aware of only two of those bands doing anything worth at all these days, The Jauntee, obviously, and Howling Rain who are quite good.

gah

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 16, 2018, 07:11:34 PM
Full honesty: the vocals in the band have improved massively. The playing has too but there is really great playing in this track already.

Also, interesting to see the list of artists on that disc. I'm currently aware of only two of those bands doing anything worth at all these days, The Jauntee, obviously, and Howling Rain who are quite good.

Well, Rebelution was on there too. Not my thing, but they're doing well for themselves.

Agreed on the vocals having improved over the years.

Also, space monkeys group?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mistercharlie

Quote from: gah on September 18, 2018, 10:11:10 AM

Well, Rebelution was on there too. Not my thing, but they're doing well for themselves.

Space Monkeys is the Facebook group of fans that the queen of pop started.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

gah

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 18, 2018, 11:27:36 AM

ahh, yes. I don't do the face. and the qop hasn't been around these parts in a long time. that's cool. must be on jaunt terr.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

Quote from: gah on September 18, 2018, 02:22:41 PM

ahh, yes. I don't do the face. and the qop hasn't been around these parts in a long time. that's cool. must be on jaunt terr.

I saw him somewhere earlier this year... Honestly cannot remember where.

birdman

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 18, 2018, 03:53:27 PM

we saw qop at the trey show in DC. I think KOP (willie) started space monkeys
Paug FTMFW!

rowjimmy

Quote from: birdman on September 18, 2018, 05:17:48 PM

Lol

Good thing someone is here to remember things for me.

pcr3

In other Jauntee news, I just found the band's payment for the Boston show in my basement.  :wtu: :tte:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: pcr3 on September 18, 2018, 11:23:03 PM
In other Jauntee news, I just found the band's payment for the Boston show in my basement.  :wtu: :tte:

Incredible. We probably want that...

Now you know exactly how much money we are not making.
Bring in the dude!

justjezmund

The 13th minute and on of this Black bart is nothing short of absolute amaze-balls. 

/nuff said
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

pcr3

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 18, 2018, 11:45:33 PM
Quote from: pcr3 on September 18, 2018, 11:23:03 PM

Incredible. We probably want that...

Now you know exactly how much money we are not making.

Wait, that's not my cut?
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

mistercharlie

Quote from: justjezmund on September 19, 2018, 12:32:52 AM
The 13th minute and on of this Black bart is nothing short of absolute amaze-balls. 

/nuff said

'Oh, shit!'  Yeah the entire second disc of the new album is great.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

The whole thing is great. I've been space truckin' around town to it for a week. The Colorado > Dog Gone > Regretless sequence is sofa king good, too.

pcr3

This came up on a Jauntee FB page, so I thought I'd share.  If you're looking for a really good somewhat recent show to put on, check this:

https://archive.org/details/jauntee2018-05-24.flac16

Thrillhouse

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 18, 2018, 09:46:01 PM
Quote from: birdman on September 18, 2018, 05:17:48 PM

Lol

Good thing someone is here to remember things for me.

Twas a group effort between Carly, Erwin and myself. Honestly its just another forum for me to talk to shit to Gumbo on, if you're in to that, which we all are.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...