News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2011-09-02 / 03 / 04 DSG Park, Commerce City, CO

Started by guyforget, May 11, 2011, 01:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

so, i started looking into flights to denver for this.  what the hell is wrong with me?  :crazy:

Gundo

very possible. Currently looking at flights as stand-by passenger from Austin to Dallas and then Dallas to Denver. Get a load of those camping passes! Geeeezus. Fuckit. Nothing like this comes easy, though it would sure be nice.  :phish:

WhatstheUse?

Flight = purchased!

I'll be in the Denver area for a week around the shows.  I can't wait to get back to one of my favorite cities!
Bring in the dude!

emay

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 11, 2011, 08:05:11 PM
Flight = purchased!

I'll be in the Denver area for a week around the shows.  I can't wait to get back to one of my favorite cities!

we def gotta meet up thurs and rage this weekend right!

Do you think there is gonna be a shuttle or bus from Denver to Commerce City each night?

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 15, 2011, 01:16:42 PM
Flight = purchased!

Do you think there is gonna be a shuttle or bus from Denver to Commerce City each night?

Not sure, but I wouldn't doubt it.  You planning on staying in the city during the shows too? 

I'm still up in the air about camping or not...
Bring in the dude!

emay

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 15, 2011, 01:19:27 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 15, 2011, 01:16:42 PM
Flight = purchased!

Not sure, but I wouldn't doubt it.  You planning on staying in the city during the shows too? 

Havent decided yet. I wish you could camp like one or two nights, instead of having to get a camping pass for all three nights. I would be straight to rage downtown one night after the show, and be able to crash on a couch or bed or something. I am always down to camp though.

Caravan2001

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

guyforget

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 15, 2011, 01:27:58 PM

Havent decided yet....  I am always down to camp though.

i think y'all would be crazy to camp out there.  it was nearly over 80 degrees by 10am this morning, wont be much different in september.  there is absolutely no shade out there at all, just open fields.  there are no "lucky" spots where you could end up w/ trees or anything.  you will be in the middle of a soccer field.  denver gets HOT in the summer and the sun is more intense when youre a mile closer than where most of you are coming from. 
-AD_

zimbra

Quote from: guyforget on July 17, 2011, 06:48:34 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 15, 2011, 01:27:58 PM

Havent decided yet....  I am always down to camp though.

i think y'all would be crazy to camp out there.  it was nearly over 80 degrees by 10am this morning, wont be much different in september.  there is absolutely no shade out there at all, just open fields.  there are no "lucky" spots where you could end up w/ trees or anything.  you will be in the middle of a soccer field.  denver gets HOT in the summer and the sun is more intense when youre a mile closer than where most of you are coming from.

Denver summers have nothing on Oklahoma summers.  I don't think camping will be bad at all, just bring an air mattress and a breezy tint.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

guyforget

im not saying denver is hotter than the sun, doesnt really matter.  but do you sleep in a tent in the middle of a soccer field out in norman often?  adding 4000 vertical feet might not make the air temperature much hotter, but the sun will certainly bake a tent more quickly @ 5300'.

i mean, i dont really care where any of you sleep as long as you wake up and make it into the show the next day and home safely at the end of the weekend.  but for those envisioning the potential of shade or something, a heads up is probably a good thing to get at this stage.  there is no shade, it will be fucking hot, you will need sunscreen constantly (the sun is much more intense @ elevation and camping will be even worse w/ a nice sunburn), etc, etc.

-AD_

Gundo

Quote from: guyforget on July 17, 2011, 07:50:01 PM
im not saying denver is hotter than the sun, doesnt really matter.  but do you sleep in a tent in the middle of a soccer field out in norman often?  adding 4000 vertical feet might not make the air temperature much hotter, but the sun will certainly bake a tent more quickly @ 5300'.

i mean, i dont really care where any of you sleep as long as you wake up and make it into the show the next day and home safely at the end of the weekend.  but for those envisioning the potential of shade or something, a heads up is probably a good thing to get at this stage.  there is no shade, it will be fucking hot, you will need sunscreen constantly (the sun is much more intense @ elevation and camping will be even worse w/ a nice sunburn), etc, etc.

thank you for the heads up.

zimbra

If you're not waking up in the middle of soccer fields often in Norman then you aren't living!!!

But seriously, will it honestly be to unbearable to handle? The 80 degree weather is nothing but the actual rays I didn't consider.
- Trey Anastasio

emay

Quote from: zimbra on July 18, 2011, 09:28:12 AM

If you're not waking up in the middle of soccer fields often in Norman then you aren't living!!!

But seriously, will it honestly be to unbearable to handle? The 80 degree weather is nothing but the actual rays I didn't consider.

If there is a shuttle or bus going back and forth after and before the shows then I am most likely not camping. But if I have to find a ride or cab to commerce city everyday of the shows, then I will just post up at my campsite and stay up for 3 days straight, who sleeps after  :phish: shows anyways :crazy:, esp if they are playin the same venue for three nights :rawk: