News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Hippies in San Francisco to blame for Priests who Molested Young Boys

Started by Poster Nutbag, May 18, 2011, 06:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

I love it when people who complain about the hyperbole of those they disagree with become hyperbolic themselves.

By "love it", I mean "get annoyed by it". 

rowjimmy

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 19, 2011, 12:20:03 PM
I love it when people who complain about the hyperbole of those they disagree with become hyperbolic themselves.

By "love it", I mean "get annoyed by it".

Be direct.
If you want to call someone out, call someone out.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Saying that the Catholic Church is a criminal organization that I should spend my tax dollars investigating and prosecuting and urging us to invade the Vatican is complete hyperbole.

Sure the report published by the Vatican is ludicrous.  However, it doesn't really effect any of us unless we ourselves are Catholics and most people that disagree with the Church on most matters probably expected this anyways.

rowjimmy

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 19, 2011, 12:38:48 PM
Saying that the Catholic Church is a criminal organization that I should spend my tax dollars investigating and prosecuting and urging us to invade the Vatican is complete hyperbole.

Sure the report published by the Vatican is ludicrous.  However, it doesn't really effect any of us unless we ourselves are Catholics and most people that disagree with the Church on most matters probably expected this anyways.

Actually, I mean what I say.

I firmly believe that the Catholic church has been doing harm to the people of the world for centuries. If you don't want your tax dollars spent investigating or persecuting these crooks, perhaps we should simply revoke their tax-exempt status.

As for it "not affecting us unless..."
Any organization that has institutionalized the practice of accepting and excusing and covering up child molestation worldwide harms us all.

fauxpaxfauxreal

So you think the answer is to pull our troops out of Afghanistan, further allowing the area to fall into chaos and invade Vatican City, making America the enemy of not only extremist Muslims but also all Catholics worldwide?

You REALLY meant that?

Poster Nutbag

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 19, 2011, 12:45:28 PM

I firmly believe that the Catholic church has been doing harm to the people of the world for centuries. If you don't want your tax dollars spent investigating or persecuting these crooks, perhaps we should simply revoke their tax-exempt status.

Any organization that has institutionalized the practice of accepting and excusing and covering up child molestation worldwide harms us all.

This is an inaccurate statement on your part... It is truly unfair to refer to priests that have molested kids as pedophiles, because in most cases the boys were no longer boys, because they were over the age of ten...

Quote"Thus, it is inaccurate to refer to abusers as 'pedophile priests,' " the report says.

That finding is likely to prove controversial, in part because the report employs a definition of "prepubescent" children as those age 10 and under. Using this cutoff, the report found that only 22 percent of the priests' victims were prepubescent.
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

rowjimmy

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 19, 2011, 01:01:16 PM
So you think the answer is to pull our troops out of Afghanistan, further allowing the area to fall into chaos and invade Vatican City, making America the enemy of not only extremist Muslims but also all Catholics worldwide?

You REALLY meant that?

I think that invading the Vatican would be far more profitable.

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on May 19, 2011, 01:01:25 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on May 19, 2011, 12:45:28 PM

This is an inaccurate statement on your part... It is truly unfair to refer to priests that have molested kids as pedophiles, because in most cases the boys were no longer boys, because they were over the age of ten...

Quote"Thus, it is inaccurate to refer to abusers as 'pedophile priests,' " the report says.

That finding is likely to prove controversial, in part because the report employs a definition of "prepubescent" children as those age 10 and under. Using this cutoff, the report found that only 22 percent of the priests' victims were prepubescent.

I did not actually use the word pedophile.

That said, I refuse to pick the same nits as that bullshit study.

They were/are kids.

That's child molestation.

It's wrong and it's a crime.

Poster Nutbag

The Catholic Church is absolutely the keeper of the world's moral flame, and to ever feel otherwise is almost like judging the lord himself...

22% of the victims of child abuse, being those under 10 years old, is obviously a very low number, and should not be taken seriously...

and lets atone to the church's hierarchy status of what they believe is the word of God, and do away with all abortions, so we have more underprivileged child running around that can be help by being taken into the caring arms of the Catholic Church...
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

rowjimmy

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on May 19, 2011, 01:07:24 PM
The Catholic Church is absolutely the keeper of the world's moral flame, and to ever feel otherwise is almost like judging the lord himself...

22% of the victims of child abuse, being those under 10 years old, is obviously a very low number, and should not be taken seriously...

and lets atone to the church's hierarchy status of what they believe is the word of God, and do away with all abortions, so we have more underprivileged child running around that can be help by being taken in to the caring arms of the Catholic Church...

lulz

fauxpaxfauxreal

RJ, I think you are underestimating the profitability of medical grade morphine. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 19, 2011, 01:09:01 PM
RJ, I think you are underestimating the profitability of medical grade morphine.

We aren't capitalizing on that shit properly.

The Vatican, on the other hand, has vast gold reserves and could serve as a popular tourist destination.
Think of the Dan Brown tie-ins alone!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

fauxpaxfauxreal

::orders predator drone strike on the pope::

TAKE THAT YOU CHILD MOLESTING BASTARD!

ph92

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 19, 2011, 01:12:43 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 19, 2011, 01:09:01 PM

We aren't capitalizing on that shit properly.

The Vatican, on the other hand, has vast gold reserves and could serve as a popular tourist destination.
Think of the Dan Brown tie-ins alone!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Could I get a bar of gold? All I ask is you guys save one for me...
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

rowjimmy

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 19, 2011, 01:16:30 PM
::orders predator drone strike on the pope::

TAKE THAT YOU CHILD MOLESTING, former nazi, BASTARD!

FYP

fauxpaxfauxreal