News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

05/27 - Bethel Center for the Arts - Bethel NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by whatapiper, May 27, 2011, 11:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: McGrupp on May 31, 2011, 03:01:14 PM
Quote from: mattstick on May 31, 2011, 02:55:12 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on May 31, 2011, 02:45:17 PM
stfu and move on, dudes.

Feel free not to read it...

Just because I think its stupid, doesn't mean I won't read it and make fun of you.

DON'T TELL ME NOT TO POST, YOU DON'T POST!

VDB

Let's point out the audience's unfailing ability to fall terribly off-beat before long, which of course ends up sounding bad. On this basis alone, rhythmic clapping should be avoided.

I'm not a clapper and could do without it, but I ain't gonna lose sleep over it either.
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

I was up all last night just fuming about how people were clapping.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

fauxpaxfauxreal

mattstick

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

fauxpaxfauxreal

I think it is funny that I'm listening to Wilco live from Sasquatch and he says during kidsmoke:

Quote from: TweedyThe people that are clapping are the people that we like.  The people that aren't clapping are the people that are more like me.  Because I wouldn't be clapping, because I would think that I'm too cool to clap.  And I would be wrong.  Don't be like me.  Be like the people that we like.  Now it might sound that I don't like myself which is awful.  I do.  Just not the part of me that won't clap.  So let's clap.  Let's clap together people.  Do you think you guys can handle it?  Can you guys keep the beat for us?  We don't need any drums, sorry Glen, these people have got it.

I think it sums up how I feel about the coil solo.

VDB

There's cheeky, playful sarcasm, and there's indignant, shut-your-fucking-face sarcasm. Trying to discern which is which on an Internet message board is always a fun* exercise.

* cheeky, playful sarcasm
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

If my comment was really perceived as "shut-your-fucking face" sarcasm, try the Google Sarcasm tool next time.

Hicks

se·man·tics:  the study of meanings:

a : the historical and psychological study and the classification of changes in the signification of words or forms viewed as factors in linguistic development
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Hicks on May 31, 2011, 03:27:19 PM

a : the historical and psychological study and the classification of changes in the signification of words or forms viewed as factors in linguistic development

So a comment can sarcastically argue semantics?
:-o

( :-D)

VDB

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 31, 2011, 03:28:29 PM
Quote from: Hicks on May 31, 2011, 03:27:19 PM

So a comment can sarcastically argue semantics?
:-o

( :-D)

As has been ably demonstrated over the past several posts.
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

roggae

Clearly it's all awful.