News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

05/27 - Bethel Center for the Arts - Bethel NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by whatapiper, May 27, 2011, 11:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zackonthetrain

Quote from: sophist on May 28, 2011, 09:52:01 AM
  This is good to me.  Nothing mind melting or epic.  It's them being Phish though.

agreed, to me the show was just a big dance party and real fun, phish being phish.

"a good sauce can't save a bad noodle"

mistuhfry

I'm sure YEMBlog or Mr. Miner or Charlie Dirksen has already noted this,  but why is there no official Streets of Cairo tease listed for the Wolfman's Brother on the initial post of the setlist?  At least I think that its Streets of Cairo... Am I mistaken or does the theme appear around 5:25 or so? 

ph92

Quote from: sophist on May 28, 2011, 10:09:25 AM
KDF is cheese dick arena rock.  Remember how people used to hate Piper but love the piper jams?  I feel this way with this version of KDF. 
That is how I feel about a few of the Joy songs. Ocelot and BDNL fuck the composed section, the jam is fun though.

So far though I am on wolfmans (which is pretty avg, but still rocks) I thought that tweezer was pretty tight too. Sounds like some amount of practice went down
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

PIE-GUY

A few words about the venue. Its beautiful. Getting in and parking seemed to be really easy. Getting out was quite the opposite.

Walking around is easy and honestly the place is beautiful. I can't say that enough. Once you pass through the gates you still have a bit of a walk til you're at the top of amphitheater lawn. The view seems to be great from everywhere. I was in the pav right behind the tapers, but I wandered a bit and it really seems like the lawn is as good as a lawn gets... Though it was wet. Bathroom lines were long but move fast. Lots of beer tents, so those lines were never too long. Prices were steep, though. $12 for big bombers of Stella, Magic Hat, Becks, etc.  Buds were obv cheaper. Bottled water was $4 or $6 depending on the size, but each tent only had one size or the other. Everybody working there was no kidding really friendly.

Bottom line: one of the best sheds I've ever been to, and I've been to a lot. 15,000 people all with great sight lines and sound? Yup.  Bucolic Catskills setting? Yup.  History? Yup! 

sounds was nearly perfect. Kuroda has added a few more lights behind the band and has definitely come up with some new looks with the existing lights.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: mistuhfry on May 28, 2011, 11:27:13 AM
I'm sure YEMBlog or Mr. Miner or Charlie Dirksen has already noted this,  but why is there no official Streets of Cairo tease listed for the Wolfman's Brother on the initial post of the setlist?  At least I think that its Streets of Cairo... Am I mistaken or does the theme appear around 5:25 or so?

Probably because it happens so often.

Same thing happened with "Can't you hear me knocking" teases in Weekapaug's in '97.

I agree with what you are saying about the Tweezer, Sophist. The band came out blazing in it, which is why I was so confused with the "abort mission" segue into MFMF

I'm really happy that it sounds like Trey isn't off the wagon.  I was kind of worried about that with the rumors swirling around that this summer is teh last tour evar.

Glad you like the venue Pie-Guy, from pictures it looks like an "East Coast Deer Creek".

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

finally listening.  gotta hand it to that tweezer, pretty intense.  they sound good.

JPhishman

Quote from: sophist on May 28, 2011, 09:35:29 AM
Huge fucking lift off with Funky Bitch.  Trey's got his comping skills back too.  I'm loving how he's hitting inverted chords and jumping octaves at times with this.  Mike sounds fantastic.  Master and commander on the fret board too.  He's dominating this shit.  Fish is on point as well.  Nailing all the accents from Trey's playing.  Monster fills.  God Damn Boys.  I'm finally stoked about seeing these guys.

Shit yeah.. that's what I like to hear from Ramzilla. DL'ing the show now.

:music:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

aphineday

Quote from: JPhishman on May 28, 2011, 02:09:19 PM
Quote from: sophist on May 28, 2011, 09:35:29 AM
Huge fucking lift off with Funky Bitch.  Trey's got his comping skills back too.  I'm loving how he's hitting inverted chords and jumping octaves at times with this.  Mike sounds fantastic.  Master and commander on the fret board too.  He's dominating this shit.  Fish is on point as well.  Nailing all the accents from Trey's playing.  Monster fills.  God Damn Boys.  I'm finally stoked about seeing these guys.

Shit yeah.. that's what I like to hear from Ramzilla. DL'ing the show now.

:music:
Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. Reading some of these early reviews has me pretty stoked for my run today. I'm saving this show for the run. I'll report back with my feelings fwiw.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

roggae

I really dug the waves>caspian. Some 98 ambient set jamming right there.
Clearly it's all awful.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: roggae on May 28, 2011, 04:22:46 PM
I really dug the waves>caspian. Some 98 ambient set jamming right there.

It was cool.  Trey sounded like ABSOLUTE BUTTHOLE during the Caspian, however, which was a buzz kill.

G. Augusto

rowjimmy

Quote from: G. Augusto on May 28, 2011, 04:32:15 PM
Quote from: mattstick on May 28, 2011, 07:48:34 AM

Pretty much.
That Boogie On "jam" was not good.  :lol:

Interesting though... I was on the edge of my seat to hear who would totally stop playing first.

PhishPhan

emay

This kdf is pretty good, I dont see whats so different about this one then the rest. Theres just typical 3.0 staccato noodling by trey over a staggered fishman beat....nothing too special. Treys improvements can def be heard on Funky Bitch, wolfmans, parts of Crosseyed, and Waves though.