News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/01 - PNC Bank Arts Center - Holmdel, NJ - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, June 01, 2011, 10:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Quote from: McGrupp on June 03, 2011, 02:17:37 PM
faux- you are nuts dude. not a wasted note? concise? have you listened to the show, or are you just being sarcastic...?

It's the new faux: just read whatever he says as the exact opposite of what he believes (and yes, I understand the irony of the guy with 100 posts pointing out the "new" faux)

Nice review. Love hearing the thoughts of those in attendance.

Also, was it you who told the Aug/Show of Life story the other day? Cause he called it in LST and I had a nice laugh thinking of that story.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

McGrupp

Quote from: runawayjimbo on June 03, 2011, 02:32:15 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on June 03, 2011, 02:17:37 PM
faux- you are nuts dude. not a wasted note? concise? have you listened to the show, or are you just being sarcastic...?

It's the new faux: just read whatever he says as the exact opposite of what he believes (and yes, I understand the irony of the guy with 100 posts pointing out the "new" faux)

Nice review. Love hearing the thoughts of those in attendance.

Also, was it you who told the Aug/Show of Life story the other day? Cause he called it in LST and I had a nice laugh thinking of that story.

Yep. That was me. Aug and show of life, man....  :laugh:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

McGrupp

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 03, 2011, 02:30:44 PM
I like all of it.  I think to point out specific portions of this awesome segue fest would be a disservice to that set as a work of art as a whole.

You need to get your ears cleaned.

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: McGrupp on June 03, 2011, 02:35:05 PM
I like all of it.  I think to point out specific portions of this awesome segue fest would be a disservice to that set as a work of art as a whole.

Just ear candled them out bro.  This set is pure fire!  Phish is honed in like a lazer beam.  I can't wait to hear what new and inventive techniques the Phish will break out tonight!

McGrupp

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 03, 2011, 02:36:59 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on June 03, 2011, 02:35:05 PM

Just ear candled them out bro.  This set is pure fire!  Phish is honed in like a lazer beam.  I can't wait to hear what new and inventive techniques the Phish will break out tonight!

You need to get your sense of humor cleaned.  :roll:

roggae

Quote from: postjack on June 03, 2011, 12:49:10 PM
the piper > twist I don't mind so much, but it really was obvious that Mike wanted to continue the ghost. you can hear him playing a bass doodle over trey's opening chords to BDTNL. then BDNTL just drops in and trey sounds all rough and the energy is just gone. I usually do like #line, but it was a bad segue and a bad idea.

didn't I read something a couple years ago about how they were going to write setlists again? My guess is they wrote a setlist for 3/6/09 that was comprised of the first two songs and since then they've been making it up as they go along.

Lol.
Clearly it's all awful.

Poster Nutbag

I think this is probably the best 3.0 Split Open & Melt I've heard, some awesome Jerry like deep intensity is interwoven within this jam!! Total thumbs up, from me... 
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on June 03, 2011, 07:52:43 PM
I think this is probably the best 3.0 Split Open & Melt I've heard, some awesome Jerry like deep intensity is interwoven within this jam!! Total thumbs up, from me...

Utica called and said you are absolutely correct.

susep

"blow out candles once again.." =  when Trey aborted out of Ghost into #line.  Mike was spinning out some super nice lines, powered by Fish however it was not to be.

edit - I really like the No Quarter, they all do a nice job esp. Trey.  His playing reminds me of the 26April1994 cover of Sun Ra's Carefree, similar melodicism.

Superfreakie

Wow, i'll have to revisit it. I only listened/watched the official vid once through, but was pretty sure it was a steaming pile of discombobulated crap, particularly the end. I thought it had a lot of promise with some nice soundscapes conjured in the beginning that could of been explored, but they weren't. Really looked like Trey had no idea what to play at times so he just made faces. He should enter that air guitar competition in Japan, I bet he'd win.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

sophist

Quote from: Superfreakie on June 04, 2011, 01:47:03 AM

Wow, i'll have to revisit it. I only listened/watched the official vid once through, but was pretty sure it was a steaming pile of discombobulated crap, particularly the end. I thought it had a lot of promise with some nice soundscapes conjured in the beginning that could of been explored, but they weren't. Really looked like Trey had no idea what to play at times so he just made faces. He should enter that air guitar competition in Japan, I bet he'd win.
oh, it fucking sucked.  You're right about that. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Superfreakie

Quote from: sophist on June 04, 2011, 01:57:10 AM
as POR, my Split is 11/21/97.

I've caught some legendary Splits over the years, including that one; thought they might also be skewering my expectations.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: sophist on June 04, 2011, 01:57:10 AM
as POR, my Split is 11/21/97.

Doesn't hold a candle to 12/31/99.

And that one occurred during the daylight.  :)

gainesvillegreen

I've found myself enjoying long stretches of this Tweezer multiple times since it has hit my iPod. There is some playing by numbers in there from Trey, certainly, but they do find a NICE space for a few minutes....
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.