News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/04 - Blossom Music Ctr - Cuyahoga Falls, OH - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, June 04, 2011, 11:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aphineday

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 05, 2011, 12:34:40 AM
I was digging the Possum.  I think it's pretty cool that they seem to be getting a little more playful with some of their songs at times
When it came on, I was initially very "wtf, come on...", but after hearing what they did with it over a shitty stream, I was pretty excited. Sounded really cool, and can't wait to give the whole show an honest listen.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Play_It_Leo

Quote from: aphineday on June 05, 2011, 12:42:46 AM
I was digging the Possum.  I think it's pretty cool that they seem to be getting a little more playful with some of their songs at times
When it came on, I was initially very "wtf, come on...", but after hearing what they did with it over a shitty stream, I was pretty excited. Sounded really cool, and can't wait to give the whole show an honest listen.

dude, you've gotta be exhausted, go get some rest!
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

aphineday

Quote from: Play_It_Leo on June 05, 2011, 12:45:09 AM
Quote from: aphineday on June 05, 2011, 12:42:46 AM

dude, you've gotta be exhausted, go get some rest!
I've been drifting, that's for sure. Actually headed out this time. Thanks for keeping me in line though Chris ;)
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

macaronihead

ytowndan

It sounds like Trey was starting to tease Manteca in Sally.  On the LP, it's starts around 0:22 in "Blossom Jam".  Am I crazy, or does anyone else hear this?
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mbw

hey, just checking out the setlist.  good stuff or what?  steam?  as in peter gabriel or phish original??

thatfargone

Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

mbw

just read up, so i know its not peter gabriel.  that would have been weird.

but since i cant quote it, i still wanted to show my appreciation for this:

GBL

All I can is LOL to that!

Tried to find where that quote came, but couldn't find from my phone..

Who is this kid again?
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mistercharlie

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 05, 2011, 04:03:58 AM
steam.   8-)

This.

I had to check out the new song first, and I really dig it. This show looks like it'll be good. Should be a nice day of listening.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Steam was a cool new song. I like it.

Piper was pretty good.

Lizards was nice.

The Sally was the sickness.

Harry -> Have Mercy -> Harry is great as well. I love the Mercy and Lizards quotes in the closing segment.

/fluffing
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

::just happy for the first new song of 2011... Including Trey tour::

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

roggae

Clearly it's all awful.

G. Augusto

I like Steam...I think the vocally delivery is a little rough.
Could just be that it's new and he's still learning the words or he just slaps together lyrics and sings them awkwardly like most of the other new stuff.
Fun song complete with gimmicky steam effect by Page is sure to please the crowd.