News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/04 - Blossom Music Ctr - Cuyahoga Falls, OH - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, June 04, 2011, 11:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 05, 2011, 10:15:05 PM
Have not listened to the whole show yet... just listened to Steam a couple of times to hear the first new tune in a while... I hate to say this, but I agree with Sophist. Meh at best.

::prints copy of quote for public records::
::head explodes::
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sls.stormyrider

I like Steam - it has the potential to go places.

At this point, it's the only 3.0 song that belongs anywhere after midway through the 1st set (including Light - way overplayed, imo).

need to listen more to the rest of the set, but some good stuff. Hopefully they will expand on this.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

whyweigh5.0

I haven't really been too much of a fan of Possum these days.  It's not that I don't like the song though.  It's because i've seen it played 19 times.  That being said I really enjoyed the Possum at this show.  I also really liked the way Trey played Hood.  It seemed different to me, and better than the way it's usually played.  Also, ... was I just hearing things or did they tease the shit out of Manteca during Sally?
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

bacchist

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 07, 2011, 09:59:08 AM
Quote from: bacchist on June 07, 2011, 09:53:16 AM
Steam is horrible. good.

FYP
Did this band really need another dirge? It's boring, slow, pretentious, etc.

There's no way this is "a good Phish song".
Rebuilding...

roggae

Clearly it's all awful.

WillBreathes

tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

fauxpaxfauxreal

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: slslbs on June 07, 2011, 09:08:42 AM
I like Steam - it has the potential to go places.

At this point, it's the only 3.0 song that belongs anywhere after midway through the 1st set (including Light - way overplayed, imo).

need to listen more to the rest of the set, but some good stuff. Hopefully they will expand on this.

Sorry to disagree right now.  Lyrics about pissing in the snow just don't do it for me.  Maybe my opinion will change later.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

bacchist

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 07, 2011, 11:52:39 AM
Quote from: slslbs on June 07, 2011, 11:30:21 AM
dirge?

I don't think that word means what bacchist thinks it means.

http://www.google.com/dictionary?langpair=en|en&q=dirge&hl=en&aq=f

Quotedirge Noun   /dərj/
dirges plural
A lament for the dead, esp. one forming part of a funeral rite
A mournful song, piece of music, or poem
singers chanted dirges
the wind howled dirges around the chimney

Quotewe escaped the dreadful night
and as long a soaring flight
blissful weeks turned into seasons
but one day without a reason
oh good bye you flew below
back to animals you know
now you forever sing your song
where the wolves where u belong
and quite alone i often dream
i hear you singing
through the steam

Rebuilding...

bacchist

The song sucks, guys... I don't see the point in putting the blinders on here.
Rebuilding...

susep

Quote from: bacchist on June 07, 2011, 12:21:57 PM
The song sucks, guys... I don't see the point in putting the blinders on here.

:roll:

first the 'paug hated TTE now Steam?  I bet 3/4's of you doods can't even play an open E chord :evil:

natronzero

I'm just getting around to spinning this show, and I've got to say I'm pretty sure this is my least favorite Antelope ever. Just a total shit-take.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.