News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

Are you guys referring to Echo in the Canyon? I see that on Netflix but not Echo in the Valley.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mehead on December 11, 2019, 12:11:44 PM
Are you guys referring to Echo in the Canyon? I see that on Netflix but not Echo in the Valley.

I was, I assumed the same for multibeast
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Multibeast12

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on December 11, 2019, 01:41:24 PM
Quote from: mehead on December 11, 2019, 12:11:44 PM

I was, I assumed the same for multibeast
I was as well. Sorry for the mistake.

GBL

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on July 02, 2019, 06:49:18 PM
Second the recommendation re: Dark, it is a good show

Just binged the whole first season this week and agree that it is a good show.

However, the voice over dubs are still jarring to me.  I wonder if it would have been better to just have subtitles??
If this is love, I'm never going home..

GBL

I just realized after watching the whole 1st season that it was a setting in Netflix lol

mehead

Quote from: GBL on December 11, 2019, 09:17:23 PM

However, the voice over dubs are still jarring to me.  I wonder if it would have been better to just have subtitles??

It's way better with subtitles.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

ytowndan

Quote from: mehead on December 12, 2019, 07:40:56 AM

Great show!  And definitely go with the subs.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

GBL

Quote from: ytowndan on December 12, 2019, 09:16:35 AM
Quote from: mehead on December 12, 2019, 07:40:56 AM

Great show!  And definitely go with the subs.

Agreed x 1000

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

ytowndan

Quote from: ytowndan on December 09, 2019, 01:20:00 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on December 09, 2019, 12:52:31 PM
Have we talked about The End Of The F***ing World?
That show is terrific and season 2 dropped about a month ago.

GO WATCH IT

If you have watched it, check out this podcast in which I, the guest, discuss the show. Spoilers abound!
https://www.osirispod.com/podcasts/welcome-to-the-party-pal/welcome-to-the-party-pal-episode-37-the-end-of-the-fing-world/

Whoa, I loved that show!  Had no idea there was another season in the works, let alone one that's already out.  Gonna check out that pod for sure.  Thanks!

I finally got a chance to see these new episodes, and I'm so glad that they decided to bring this back for another season.  As you guys mention in the podcast, the season one ending was so perfect that, I too, assumed it was a one-and-done miniseries.  They really knocked it out of the park, though, with these final 8 episodes (according to wiki, the writer said, "[...] I think to try and eke more out would be wrong, I like where we've left it."). 

Excellent podcast, btw.  It's a shame this show remains so under the radar.  It deserves to be celebrated, and you guys did it justice.  I'm glad you guys touched on the music, too, which I think was one of its major strong points.  [spoiler]Random side note: I, too, was dying when James starts hand-scooping his father's goopy ashes.  "Maybe I should just pour him out." lmao!  And, yeah, that final shot, when she holds his hand (worth noting that this time she grabs the "gross" one which she previously rejected) and they look out into the distance -- with us now behind them -- is so perfect.[/spoiler]
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

Quote from: ytowndan on January 07, 2020, 11:11:39 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on December 09, 2019, 01:20:00 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on December 09, 2019, 12:52:31 PM
Have we talked about The End Of The F***ing World?
That show is terrific and season 2 dropped about a month ago.

GO WATCH IT

If you have watched it, check out this podcast in which I, the guest, discuss the show. Spoilers abound!
https://www.osirispod.com/podcasts/welcome-to-the-party-pal/welcome-to-the-party-pal-episode-37-the-end-of-the-fing-world/

Whoa, I loved that show!  Had no idea there was another season in the works, let alone one that's already out.  Gonna check out that pod for sure.  Thanks!

I finally got a chance to see these new episodes, and I'm so glad that they decided to bring this back for another season.  As you guys mention in the podcast, the season one ending was so perfect that, I too, assumed it was a one-and-done miniseries.  They really knocked it out of the park, though, with these final 8 episodes (according to wiki, the writer said, "[...] I think to try and eke more out would be wrong, I like where we've left it."). 

Excellent podcast, btw.  It's a shame this show remains so under the radar.  It deserves to be celebrated, and you guys did it justice.  I'm glad you guys touched on the music, too, which I think was one of its major strong points.  [spoiler]Random side note: I, too, was dying when James starts hand-scooping his father's goopy ashes.  "Maybe I should just pour him out." lmao!  And, yeah, that final shot, when she holds his hand (worth noting that this time she grabs the "gross" one which she previously rejected) and they look out into the distance -- with us now behind them -- is so perfect.[/spoiler]

Thanks for checking out the podcast. I really do love this show.

GBL

I ended up watching it, as well, and liked the show.

I definitely thought it would have been fine ended it after season one, but even moreso believe that there should NOT be a season three.

While true that as shows move in to later seasons the characters and storylines evolve, I personally am not looking forward to that with these characters.

Once it moved past the sociopathic arc I am kinda meh

GBL

Anyone start Messiah, yet?

I've been binging it this weekend, I like it

rowjimmy

Quote from: GBL on January 12, 2020, 01:54:26 PM

I definitely thought it would have been fine ended it after season one, but even moreso believe that there should NOT be a season three.

While true that as shows move in to later seasons the characters and storylines evolve, I personally am not looking forward to that with these characters.

Thing is, it was never about being a psychopath.
It's about trauma and the many ways we suffer from it.
Season two offers a glimpse at the possibility of recovery.
I think that alone warranted the second season.
I agree that they should not do a third and I do not think that they will.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 13, 2020, 09:49:57 AM
Quote from: GBL on January 12, 2020, 01:54:26 PM

Thing is, it was never about being a psychopath.
It's about trauma and the many ways we suffer from it.
Season two offers a glimpse at the possibility of recovery.
I think that alone warranted the second season.
I agree that they should not do a third and I do not think that they will.

I think it is one of the first post-Millenial shows which, apart from the excellent writing, makes it an interesting cultural artifact.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.