News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

jus upped my netflix for a month to watch Squid game and Arcane.
real excited for both.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

Not on Netflix, but AmazonPrime...

A brand new season of The Kids In The Hall!!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

While I can't comment on new KITH content, I will say that I recently found the anthology short-animation series Love Death + Robots on Netflix, and it carries my strong endorsement.
Is this still Wombat?

VA $l!m

Quote from: VDB on May 13, 2022, 11:21:18 AMWhile I can't comment on new KITH content, I will say that I recently found the anthology short-animation series Love Death + Robots on Netflix, and it carries my strong endorsement.
yeah thats good stuff
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

so, we just watched 10 hours of The Sandman today. Really great adaptation. If you've read the books you'll love the show.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

pcr3

I watched the Woodstock '99 docuseries on Netflix last night.  I guess I had no idea how horrendous that whole thing was...maybe I had blinders on based on the fact that I had no interest in that lineup.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

PIE-GUY

Quote from: pcr3 on August 08, 2022, 03:33:55 PMI watched the Woodstock '99 docuseries on Netflix last night.  I guess I had no idea how horrendous that whole thing was...maybe I had blinders on based on the fact that I had no interest in that lineup.

I watched it - I remember exactly how bad it was. I remember reading about the rapes and assaults and all that shit. I thought the doc did a pretty good job of laying exactly who was at fault there. 

I've spent considerable time on the production side of really large festivals. It's not that hard to create an environment that people respect enough to not turn ugly en-masse. 

Lollapalooza hosts 100K every day with line-ups that do not shy away from amped-up angsty shit. There are copious numbers of drugged-out kids under 20 years old. But there is also a constant supply of free and cold water available near every stage. There are reasonable options for food. And they fucking clean up the place all day and every night like Disney World. If you respect your audience they will respect you. It's quite simple. 

Also, it was never lost on me that Phish hosted 80K people less than 6 months later in an environment that was no less "free from authority" than Woodstock 99. I mean, I have never seen a more open drug market anywhere... but, again, we were treated like adults and respected the place in kind. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

Quote from: pcr3 on August 08, 2022, 03:33:55 PMI watched the Woodstock '99 docuseries on Netflix last night.  I guess I had no idea how horrendous that whole thing was...maybe I had blinders on based on the fact that I had no interest in that lineup.

Well, that escalated quickly. Also: I never thought I could despise Limp Bizkit and frat boys more than I already did.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 08, 2022, 04:41:30 PM

I watched it - I remember exactly how bad it was. I remember reading about the rapes and assaults and all that shit. I thought the doc did a pretty good job of laying exactly who was at fault there.

I've spent considerable time on the production side of really large festivals. It's not that hard to create an environment that people respect enough to not turn ugly en-masse.

Lollapalooza hosts 100K every day with line-ups that do not shy away from amped-up angsty shit. There are copious numbers of drugged-out kids under 20 years old. But there is also a constant supply of free and cold water available near every stage. There are reasonable options for food. And they fucking clean up the place all day and every night like Disney World. If you respect your audience they will respect you. It's quite simple.

Also, it was never lost on me that Phish hosted 80K people less than 6 months later in an environment that was no less "free from authority" than Woodstock 99. I mean, I have never seen a more open drug market anywhere... but, again, we were treated like adults and respected the place in kind.

And think of the heat we had to endure. One of my friends was a puddle most of the weekend (and not in the good way). I wasn't sure if he was gonna make it.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

Setting aside Woodstock '99 for a minute...

Is anyone else watching The Resort on Peacock? It's pretty funny and addictive. The wife and I are three episodes deep and we want to know the answers to the mystery!

Superfreakie

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 12, 2022, 03:08:57 PMThe Resort on Peacock? It's pretty funny and addictive. The wife and I are three episodes deep and we want to know the answers to the mystery!

Have you seen The White Lotus?
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

antelope19

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 08, 2022, 04:41:30 PM

I watched last night and couldn't help but think about my experience at both Oswego roughly a week before and an hour and a half away from Woodstock '99 and Big Cypress that year. Very thankful that our band put so much thought into their festys.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

emay

Is it much different than the Hulu one? Felt like I learned a good bit about it during that and it was pretty dark, not sure if I really want to watch 2-3 more hours about it ha.

PIE-GUY

I'm a little too excited for this shit... 

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

That looks very nostalgically good!! 

And as an added bonus, apparently the wife has only seen the 1st one and doesn't remember it much... So we get to do a trilogy bing before this comes out!  :willynilly: