News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Top 3 Shows of Summer 2011 Leg 1

Started by WhatstheUse?, July 06, 2011, 04:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 07, 2011, 12:23:33 PM
This really should've been about top three (or six) sets. It really feels like the band plays sets instead of shows these days.

I agree there's been a ser lack of full SOLID shows but I just wanted to keep the same Poll Format that I have used for every 3.0 tour.  Bethel 2 was maybe the only show that I felt had solid highlights throughout the entire show, and didn't suffer from the setlist.

(besides, you picked the same 3 shows as me! Good work!)
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 07, 2011, 12:28:44 PM
This really should've been about top three (or six) sets. It really feels like the band plays sets instead of shows these days.

I agree there's been a ser lack of full SOLID shows but I just wanted to keep the same Poll Format that I have used for every 3.0 tour.  Bethel 2 was maybe the only show that I felt had solid highlights throughout the entire show, and didn't suffer from the setlist.

Damn! Does that mean I'm turning into a 3.0 w00k?  :wink:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 07, 2011, 12:37:01 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 07, 2011, 12:28:44 PM

Damn! Does that mean I'm turning into a 3.0 w00k?  :wink:

Nope! It means that even though I take tons of dr00gz at shows, I am still able to objectively analyze the music and decide which shows were the best!  :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

Alumni

Going to have to revisit the nTelos show sometime. I was actually there, and I didn't have it top-3 (didn't miss by much, though).
Cause I got a degree

aphineday

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

sophist

Trick question!  There were no good shows this summer!   :roll: :evil:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mehead

Bethel 2
Portsmouth
Blossom

edit: have yet to hear SBIX 3
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 06, 2011, 04:12:32 PM
Bethel 2
Portsmouth
SBIX 3 (1st set pushes this just ahead of Darien and Blossom for me)
Same.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.