News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

There is also a Franklin's Tower / Doobie Brothers Listen To The Music tease in Cities.

kellerb

Buffalo Budd

I love how passionate he gets about it and he's totally right.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 10, 2017, 11:28:46 AM
20 years ago today! What a night. This second set is still one of my all-time favorites.

PHISH, SUNDAY 08/10/1997
DEER CREEK MUSIC CENTER
Noblesville , IN
Soundcheck: Dog Log, Paul and Silas, Funky Bitch (slow), She Caught the Katy and Left Me a Mule to Ride, Star Trek theme jam (Page on Theremin).

SET 1: Bathtub Gin -> Sparkle > Down with Disease > Dirt, Cars Trucks Buses, Billy Breathes, Split Open and Melt , Bye Bye Foot > Ginseng Sullivan, Harry Hood

SET 2: Cities  -> Good Times Bad Times -> Rotation Jam -> Rock A William -> David Bowie

ENCORE: Cavern

The long, involved Rotation Jam to set up Rock A William started when Page went to the theremin for a solo. Soon after, Trey took up the keys and Mike went to play guitar. Page eventually picked up Mike's bass. After they jammed a bit longer, Mike went to join Trey on the keys. Trey then joined Fish on the drums. The two of them played on the same drum set and Mike took a piano solo. Trey eventually kicked Fish off the drum stool, and Fish picked up Trey's guitar. SOAM contained a Third Stone from the Sun tease as well as a Larks' Tongues in Aspic Part Two jam.

What a night is right!  I have a lot of great memories from this night!  We had friends in town, and this was before I had to camp at Deer Creek.  (I'm not sure if they even had camping then.)  Just looked at my stub...Section C, Row T, Seat 4 mail order.  20th row nearly dead center.  Those were the days of mail order! 

Was this really 20 years ago?!

mattstick

On-site camping at Deer Creek started in 2000 I think.  Off-site camping was been going on for years before that...

anthrax

We definitely camped on-site in 1998.  Now that I think of it, 8.10.97 was the beginning of my first time touring with phish...we rode shows all the way to Limestone. 

mattstick

Hmm, I could have sworn that 2000 was a big deal because it was 3 nights and the first camping on-site.

I googled for a minute and found a picture of Mike on his golf cart in the on-site camping in 1999 so I'm clearly wrong.

anthrax

If I remember correctly, 2000 was a big deal because clear channel really tried to take advantage of the situation.  Didn't they do Phil and friends a day or 2 before phish, and offer like 6 or 7 night onsite camping  passes?

mattstick

Phil played at Deer Creek on 7/9/00, after Phish @ Alpine but before Phish's 3-nights at Deer Creek.

I talked to Mike at the SBD for a bit during that Phil show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mattstick on August 10, 2017, 01:32:06 PM

On-site camping at Deer Creek started in 2000 I think.  Off-site camping was been going on for years before that...

On-site camping started in '98.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Quote from: anthrax on August 10, 2017, 02:06:30 PM
If I remember correctly, 2000 was a big deal because clear channel really tried to take advantage of the situation.  Didn't they do Phil and friends a day or 2 before phish, and offer like 6 or 7 night onsite camping  passes?

Yeah.
They also did something like that in '04 where it was Sunday & Monday DMB, Tuesday Keller Williams/DSO, and then Wednesday & Thursday Phish. The girl I was living with at the time loved Dave Matthews so we lived in that back parking lot of Deer Creek for that week. Other than having to put up with the frat boys the first two nights it was cool. And there was a HUGE change in the lot once the DMB-kids left and the DSO/Phish crowd started arriving.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

Yeah, looking back I actually camped on-site in 98... it's all a blur tbh

VA $l!m

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 10, 2017, 04:47:56 PM

when u say 'on site' do u mean u could just stay in the lot?
i coulda sworn we still got kicked out the lot in 98
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on August 10, 2017, 05:58:19 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on August 10, 2017, 04:47:56 PM

when u say 'on site' do u mean u could just stay in the lot?
i coulda sworn we still got kicked out the lot in 98

Kicked out of the front lot, yes. The back lot (the one behind the lawn) was only for camping.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: kellerb on August 10, 2017, 12:00:59 PM
Marc Allen regarding this show:

Had no idea that review was about this show.

Kiiiiinnnddaa makes more sense with the rotation antics. I wouldn't expect a non-phish fan to understand why that is awesome.
Bring in the dude!