News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Damn.

I didn't even 'discover' Phish until spring '04... missed the opportunity to hit Alpine '04 (which... that Seven Below still crushes) -- I had completely settled into the idea that I would never see the greatest band that ever was. Alas.... here we are  :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

VDB

Quote18 years ago today...

QuoteMAY 25, 2004
AN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM TREY
Last Friday night, I got together with Mike, Page and Fish to talk openly about the strong feelings I've been having that Phish has run its course and that we should end it now while it's still on a high note. Once we started talking, it quickly became apparent that the other guys' feelings, while not all the same as mine, were similar in many ways — most importantly, that we all love and respect Phish and the Phish audience far too much to stand by and allow it to drag on beyond the point of vibrancy and health. We don't want to become caricatures of ourselves, or worse yet, a nostalgia act. By the end of the meeting, we realized that after almost twenty-one years together we were faced with the opportunity to graciously step away in unison, as a group, united in our friendship and our feelings of gratitude.
So Coventry will be the final Phish show. We are proud and thrilled that it will be in our home state of Vermont. We're also excited for the June and August shows, our last tour together. For the sake of clarity, I should say that this is not like the hiatus, which was our last attempt to revitalize ourselves. We're done. It's been an amazing and incredible journey. We thank you all for the love and support that you've shown us.
— Trey Anastasio

Next time they'll make Page do the announcement.
Is this still Wombat?

anthrax

That day sucked.  Bought 2 Coventry tix immediately after reading that letter, which if you didn't hear, also sucked.

jam>

Can we fast forward to the Faustian bargain where Trey trades his left nut?

PIE-GUY

QuoteCan we fast forward to the Faustian bargain where Trey trades his left nut?
The first Live Bait type free release was called "Left Nuts".  Hahaha 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

QuoteCan we fast forward to the Faustian bargain where Trey trades his left nut?
The first Live Bait type free release was called "Left Nuts".  Hahaha

I love that release!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

13 years ago tonight was the first truly epic 'paug
krewe throw down in Beantown! The start of a great adventure that continues this summer. Can't fucking wait! 

antelope19

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 30, 2022, 08:56:50 AM13 years ago tonight was the first truly epic 'paug
krewe throw down in Beantown! The start of a great adventure that continues this summer. Can't fucking wait!

Say it ain't so! 13 years? Can't be.

What a fun weekend that was!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

pcr3

10 years ago today was tour opener in Woostah!  A fun and close-to-home show, though what I remember the most was that my BIL got so schwilly he had to lay down in the row behind us at setbreak and didn't get up until very deep in the second set (Buried Alive Reprise, ironically).  Smiled the whole time but could not beat the spins for about an hour and a half...

And 11 years ago was a non-remarkable Great Woods show that featured a "Let's Go Bruins" chant, which was a first for me at  :phish:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

khalpin

Quote from: pcr3 on June 07, 2022, 04:32:50 PMAnd 11 years ago was a non-remarkable Great Woods show that featured a "Let's Go Bruins" chant, which was a first for me at  :phish:
Somewhat related, I distinctly remember "Jaromir Jagr" chants in the campground at Clifford Ball.  Not quite sure why, but it wasn't me.

PIE-GUY

Today is my 30th Phishaversary! 

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

was watching this little gem of a vid i found today of gd summer 92 lot interviews and realized its been a little over 30 yrs since my first dead show :O

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

jam>

Quote from: VA $l!m on July 21, 2022, 04:22:12 PMwas watching this little gem of a vid i found today of gd summer 92 lot interviews and realized its been a little over 30 yrs since my first dead show :O

We're old! Some great footage on that video.