News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Clearly home and bored with Covid.  Just watched that whole thing. He really got on the 12 Tribes bus? Fuck that shit!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: VA $l!m on July 21, 2022, 04:22:12 PMwas watching this little gem of a vid i found today of gd summer 92 lot interviews and realized its been a little over 30 yrs since my first dead show :O
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VA $l!m

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 22, 2022, 03:37:06 PMClearly home and bored with Covid.  Just watched that whole thing. He really got on the 12 Tribes bus? Fuck that shit!
o shit, i need to watch the rest! my bus!
..you know i spent time on a Joshua commune :)
left b/c all they had to eat was beets. i hate beets.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

PIE-GUY

Was not expecting that turn. I miss you, Slim. Been too long! 

VA $l!m

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 24, 2022, 03:42:58 PMWas not expecting that turn. I miss you, Slim. Been too long!
miss you too bro! <3
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

natronzero

QuotePHISH, FRIDAY 07/25/1997
STARPLEX AMPHITHEATRE
Dallas, TX   

SET 1: Beauty of My Dreams, Wolfman's Brother > Maze, Water in the Sky, Bathtub Gin -> Makisupa Policeman -> AC/DC Bag   

SET 2: Chalk Dust Torture[1] -> Taste[2] -> Ya Mar[2] -> Drums[3] -> Ghost[2] > Character Zero[2]   

ENCORE: Theme From the Bottom[2]   
[1] Unfinished; Bob Gullotti on a second drum set.
[2] Bob Gullotti on a second drum set.
[3] Bob Gullotti on a second drum set and Page on keys.

The second set and encore featured Bob Gullotti on a second drum set. Chalk Dust was unfinished. The Drum Jam also featured Page on keys.

My 25th Phishiversary! Attendance bias aside, a hell of a hot show that gets overshadowed by some of the shows surrounding it.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

Buffalo Budd

One of, if not the best weekends of my 20s, hands down.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

25 years ago today this wonderful show was played (or Phish pissed in everyones ears, if you work for the Indy Star)!

QuotePHISH, SUNDAY 08/10/1997
DEER CREEK MUSIC CENTER
Noblesville, IN
Soundcheck: Dog Log, Paul and Silas, Funky Bitch (slow), She Caught the Katy and Left Me a Mule to Ride, Star Trek theme jam (Page on Theremin).
SET 1: Bathtub Gin -> Sparkle > Down with Disease > Dirt, Cars Trucks Buses, Billy Breathes, Split Open and Melt, Bye Bye Foot > Ginseng Sullivan, Harry Hood
SET 2: Cities -> Good Times Bad Times -> Rotation Jam -> Rock A William -> David Bowie
ENCORE: Cavern

The long, involved Rotation Jam to set up Rock A William started when Page went to the theremin for a solo. Soon after, Trey took up the keys and Mike went to play guitar. Page eventually picked up Mike's bass. After they jammed a bit longer, Mike went to join Trey on the keys. Trey then joined Fish on the drums. The two of them played on the same drum set and Mike took a piano solo. Trey eventually kicked Fish off the drum stool, and Fish picked up Trey's guitar. SOAM contained a Larks' Tongues in Aspic Part Two jam and a Third Stone from the Sun tease.

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

25 years ago, sheesh I'm old.

shoreline99

It was only 7 years ago, but Magnaball was such an amazing weekend it deserves a mention here. Love to you all, a great weekend of music, friendship, phamily, and more music
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

anthrax

when i was getting into phish in the 90's a widely circulated tape on trading lists was always the ian's farm show from august of '87.  at the time, it seemed like such a long time ago.  today i realized that the time between then and the ian's farm gig is about the same amount of time from now to magnaball.  whoa. 

PIE-GUY

Yeah. Time is fucking weird. I can't believe I've been seeing this band for 30 fucking years... and that my first show was only 9 years after their first show. They seemed so much older than me at the time. Now they seem like they're basically my generation. 

cactusfan

30 years ago (yesterday), I went to Shoreline to see Santana for the first time. And while wandering the lawn early, some weird band called Phish played an opening set. They made an impression. I don't think I quite knew what to make of them, but they kept on rattling around somewhere in my subconscience, until, finally, in '96, I actually went to a proper show.

PIE-GUY

Not a show - but a fucking great memory!! Still my greatest Ticketbastard score of all time. I called the 800 number and stayed in the phone tree by picking a menu option then pressing "9" to go back to the main menu for about 90 minutes then went into the "buy tickets" menu right at 9am central. 

"What are you interested in?"

"Phish"

"There is a 3-Day package for Phish at Hampton Colosseum March 6, 7, & 8. Is that what you would like?"

"Yes"

"How many tickets?"

"2"

"OK. Please enter your credit card number, followed by the # sign."

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!

PIE-GUY

30 years ago tonight was my first "real" Phish show. My first show was HORDE Tour in the summer... so, one set and they weren't even the headliner (Blues Traveler). 

This was the real thing. Two sets in a packed-to-the-gills club that had quite a history. When I say packed... I mean we were nuts-to-butts all fucking night. I was dead center about 5 people back from the stage. During the Forbin's narration the packed crowd ebbed and flowed with Trey's words like we were in the water. It was nuts. Also, Mike came out in a fedora looking like an Italian Stallion. 

One last crazy thing - Faht!! Trey says they don't have the recording of the bird noises for the ending of it so he encourages the audience to supply them. Good shit. 

Great show, with a decent audience recording - though the crowd is club-show-chatty, for sure. 

PHISH, FRIDAY 12/04/1992
MISSISSIPPI NIGHTS
St. Louis, MO
SET 1: Llama, Foam, Poor Heart, Stash, Glide > Sparkle, Fast Enough for You > Maze, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird > Cavern

SET 2: Suzy Greenberg > David Bowie[1], Esther > Possum, It's Ice, The Squirming Coil, Carolina[2], Harry Hood[3], Hold Your Head Up > Faht[4] > Hold Your Head Up, You Enjoy Myself

ENCORE: Fee[5] > Rocky Top

[1] Simpsons and All Fall Down signals.
[2] Without microphones.
[3] Aw Fuck! signal.
[4] Fish on acoustic guitar.
[5] Trey sang verses through megaphone.

The Mockingbird narration contained an Iron Man tease from Mike and a Wilson tease from Page. Bowie included Simpsons and All Fall Down signals and Hood contained an Aw Fuck! signal. Trey and Page teased Long Tall Glasses in Possum. Carolina was performed without microphones. Faht featured Fish on acoustic guitar. Trey sang the verses of Fee through a megaphone.