News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Quote:phish:
12/11/95
Cumberland County Civic Center - Portland, ME

Source: AKG 460s > D7
Transfer: Tascam DA-30 mkII > S/PDIF > M Audio Microtrack 24/96 > WAV > Audacity > Trader's Little Helper > FLAC
Taper Unknown
Patched, Transferred & Seeded by Bill Graves

~ Disc 1 - Set 1 ~
1. My Friend My Friend >
2. Ha Ha Ha
3. Stash
4. Prince Caspian
5. Reba
6. Banter
7. Dog Log
8. Llama
9. Banter
10. Dog Log
11. Tube
12. McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters
13. Julius
14. Cavern

~ Disc 2 - Set 2 ~
1. Crowd
2. The Curtain >
3. David Bowie
4. The Mango Song >
5. Fog That Surrounds
6. Scent of a Mule
7. Harry Hood

~ Disc 3 ~
1. Suspicious Minds >
2. HYHU
3. Funky Bitch*
~ Encore ~
4. Crowd
5. While My Guitar Gently Weeps*

*-w/Warren Haynes on Guitar

27 years ago tonight, fun show in Portland.     

jam>

jasonsobel

Listening to this one, 25 years later.

Phish, 12/29/1997
Madison Square Garden
New York, NY

SET 1: NICU > Golgi Apparatus > Crossroads, Cars Trucks Buses, Train Song, Theme From the Bottom > Fluffhead, Dirt, Run Like an Antelope

SET 2: Down with Disease[1] -> David Bowie > Possum -> I Can't Turn You Loose Jam > Possum > I Can't Turn You Loose Jam, Tube, You Enjoy Myself

ENCORE: Good Times Bad Times

[1] Unfinished.

Disease was unfinished. Bowie included a tease from Mike of the Theme from James Bond. The return to Possum included a Long Tall Glasses tease from Page. Tube featured an I Feel the Earth Move tease. Page teased I Can't Turn You Loose in YEM. The soundcheck's Funky Bitch featured Trey on vocals. This show is available as an archival release on LivePhish.com.

This was my 4th show.  I was 9 or 10 rows back, centered behind the stage.  The first time I had seats behind the stage (the only other show I was behind the stage, was set 1 of Feb 28, 2003).

What a show!  Awesome funky ending to Antelope.  Great Disease.  So much energy in the room.

Also, hard to believe that it's been 25 years since I was a senior in high school.
sing me back home before I die

khalpin

30 years ago, my first show.

QuoteBOB CARPENTER CENTER, UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE
Newark, DE   

SET 1: David Bowie, Bouncing Around the Room, Poor Heart > It's Ice > Glide > Rift, Stash, Lawn Boy > Maze, Golgi Apparatus   

SET 2: Runaway Jim, Wilson[1] > Uncle Pen, Tweezer > The Lizards, Llama, You Enjoy Myself, Big Ball Jam > Hold Your Head Up > Lengthwise[2] > Hold Your Head Up, The Squirming Coil, Cavern   

ENCORE: Amazing Grace, Tweezer Reprise   

anthrax

the reunion hampton run was really 14 years ago?

so glad those dudes came back!

mistercharlie

I gave 3/6/09 a listen today while working. So glad they came back, but also so glad they re-learned how to jam as time has gone on. The playing in that show is a far cry from where they are these days!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

There were 14 years between the Blackwood Convention and fall 97. Just sayin'
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 06, 2023, 10:18:22 PMThere were 14 years between the Blackwood Convention and fall 97. Just sayin'

Important perspective.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 14, 2023, 01:49:47 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 06, 2023, 10:18:22 PMThere were 14 years between the Blackwood Convention and fall 97. Just sayin'

Important perspective.

Insane.
Bring in the dude!

VA $l!m

25 yrs ago... welp you know.  :phish:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

WhatstheUse?

Quote1998-04-02 - Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum - Uniondale, NY

Tube
My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own
The Sloth
NICU
Stash[1] >
Horn >
Waste >
Chalk Dust Torture

Punch You in the Eye >
Simple >
Birds of a Feather[2]
Wolfman's Brother ->
Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley[3] ->
Frankie Says[2] >
Twist >
Sleeping Monkey >
Rocky Top

ENCORE: Guyute

[1] Unfinished.
[2] Debut.
[3] No vocal jam.

This show marked the debut of Birds of a Feather and Frankie Says. After NICU, Trey commented on the brief "Island Tour," remarking that the band was getting bored at home and wanted to play some shows. Stash was unfinished and contained Frankie Says quotes at its end. The final chord of Chalk Dust included a "Charge!" tease from Page. Fikus was teased by Fish before Wolfman's. Sneakin' Sally did not contain a vocal jam. Twist included Star Trek theme teases from Mike. This show is available as an archival release on LivePhish.com.
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

What a f'n great show, especially seeing that this was their first gig in four months.

Stash is fantastic. Twist is otherworldly - Perhaps the best Kuroda/music interaction I've seen (on video)

Who was there?!
Bring in the dude!

VA $l!m

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 02, 2023, 08:10:58 PMWhat a f'n great show, especially seeing that this was their first gig in four months.

Stash is fantastic. Twist is otherworldly - Perhaps the best Kuroda/music interaction I've seen (on video)

Who was there?!
loved the first night. even more than 4-3 at the time. Although that has definitely changed.
night 1 was just super spooky good.
-never doubt a SLeeping Monkey show.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

jasonsobel

QuoteSET 1: Mike's Song -> The Old Home Place > Weekapaug Groove, Train Song > Billy Breathes, Beauty of My Dreams, Dogs Stole Things > Reba, My Soul

SET 2: Roses Are Free > Piper > Loving Cup > Run Like an Antelope[1]

ENCORE: Carini > Halley's Comet > Tweezer Reprise

[1] "Carini's gonna getcha" sung several times in intro. "Carini" spoken later in the song.

The 4/3/98 show was the only Island Tour show that I saw.  what a show.  what a time!  25 years ago.
sing me back home before I die

anthrax

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 02, 2023, 08:10:58 PMWhat a f'n great show, especially seeing that this was their first gig in four months.

Who was there?!

Did all 4.  Had a very tight budget.  I recall gas being less than $1 a gallon.  Probably did the entire run for under $200.  Drove through the night from Champaign IL in a 2 door light tan Pontiac Grand Prix.  Parked the car on the street in a neighborhood a few blocks from the venue and 2 of us slept in the car right there after the first night.  I don't know how we did it, but the shows were so good they just gave us energy and made it all worthwhile.  I enjoyed 4.3 more than 4.2, but they were both special.