News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil

Damn. Hard to believe that was 15 years ago
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

anthrax

VA $l!m

it's starting to feel like a religious holiday
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

WhatstheUse?

I can't make it 90 seconds into that video without crying.

We are so lucky to be alive at a the same time as Phish.  :phish:
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 07, 2024, 10:11:23 AM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 06, 2024, 07:14:25 AM

We met that day and that alone would have made it a good day.

I love you, too, buddy. You were the first to call me PIE-GUY!! That actually happened 15 years ago today. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VA $l!m

was thinkin about the Island tour the last few days with the crisp spring windy weather here.
takes me right back to the run.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

PIE-GUY

I wasn't there... but 25 years ago tonight was an epic show. 

mistercharlie

That;s what I started my workday with!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Man, those shows were so awesome. Kind of pivotal for me in bridging the gap between Phish > Dead.

Trey's tone was so buttery for these shows. 99' was peak tone, IMO.
Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 15, 2024, 10:45:19 AMMan, those shows were so awesome. Kind of pivotal for me in bridging the gap between Phish > Dead.

there is no question these shows were my gateway into the dead. 100%.  In fact, Trey's solos in Sugaree made me seek out other Sugarees to compare... which made me listen to other dead which made me a deadhead. This sugaree with Trey and Page is still my favorite of all time. Buttery is a great word for treys tone. And, I'm gonna go ahead and say page is a better keyboard player than any associated with the dead. Period. 

mistercharlie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 15, 2024, 12:18:22 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 15, 2024, 10:45:19 AMMan, those shows were so awesome. Kind of pivotal for me in bridging the gap between Phish > Dead.

there is no question these shows were my gateway into the dead. 100%.  In fact, Trey's solos in Sugaree made me seek out other Sugarees to compare... which made me listen to other dead which made me a deadhead. This sugaree with Trey and Page is still my favorite of all time. Buttery is a great word for treys tone. And, I'm gonna go ahead and say page is a better keyboard player than any associated with the dead. Period.
Keyboard player, yes. But I think Brent was a better singer than Page.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

Such an amazing run!  Thanks for the reminder!

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 15, 2024, 12:59:41 PM

there is no question these shows were my gateway into the dead. 100%.  In fact, Trey's solos in Sugaree made me seek out other Sugarees to compare... which made me listen to other dead which made me a deadhead. This sugaree with Trey and Page is still my favorite of all time. Buttery is a great word for treys tone. And, I'm gonna go ahead and say page is a better keyboard player than any associated with the dead. Period.

Dangerous conversation.

kellerb

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 15, 2024, 01:24:22 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 15, 2024, 12:59:41 PM

Dangerous conversation.

I would posit that attendance bias strongly influences personal opinions about Brent's singing.  Since we're being dangerous