News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

a couple days late, but worth mentioning-

one of my favorite attended shows.
great small venue and lysergic energy.
my 4th show and the first one that really got me hooked

10/27/1994
University Hall, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA

Set 1: Wilson, Sparkle, Maze, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird -> The Vibration of Life -> Fly Famous Mockingbird > Divided Sky[1], The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Poor Heart, Cavern

Set 2: Julius, Ya Mar, Tweezer > Contact > Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, Down with Disease, Sweet Adeline

Encore: Slave to the Traffic Light -> Icculus, Tweezer Reprise[2]

[1] All Fall Down signal.
[2] Extended ending.

Notes: Divided Sky contained an All Fall Down signal. Miscommunication within the student-run venue staff led to a premature signaling for the second set to end. Following an extended break to "discuss" the matter with staff, the band returned for an unusually long encore. Tweezer Reprise featured an atypical extended ending.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mistercharlie

19 years ago today I was sure they were going to play Thriller for Halloween. This Melt was amazing, not to mention the Ice>kung>ice.

QuoteSunday, 10/29/1995   
Louisville Gardens, Louisville, KY

Set 1: Buried Alive > Poor Heart > Julius, Punch You In the Eye > Cars Trucks Buses > The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Split Open and Melt, NICU > Gumbo, Slave to the Traffic Light, Sweet Adeline

Set 2: Makisupa Policeman -> David Bowie, The Mango Song > It's Ice -> Kung -> It's Ice > Shaggy Dog -> Possum, Lifeboy, Amazing Grace

Encore: Funky Bitch

Teases:
· Beat It tease in Possum
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 29, 2014, 04:33:48 PM
19 years ago today I was sure they were going to play Thriller for Halloween. This Melt was amazing, not to mention the Ice>kung>ice.

QuoteSunday, 10/29/1995   

Set 1: Buried Alive > Poor Heart > Julius, Punch You In the Eye > Cars Trucks Buses > The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Split Open and Melt, NICU > Gumbo, Slave to the Traffic Light, Sweet Adeline

Set 2: Makisupa Policeman -> David Bowie, The Mango Song > It's Ice -> Kung -> It's Ice > Shaggy Dog -> Possum, Lifeboy, Amazing Grace

Teases:
Best show of the tour.

birdman

Pie guy and I were in Louisville that night. Love that whole show front to back. Plus shaggy dog
Show of the tour? There is some tough competition for that spot
Paug FTMFW!

anthrax

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 29, 2014, 04:33:48 PM

QuoteSunday, 10/29/1995   

Teases:

was one of my favorite tapes!

PIE-GUY

Yeah, that Louisville Gardens show is still one of my favorite "regular" shows ever. Everything just crackles with energy. The Bowie is so tight it's almost Stash-like in the jam. One of my favorites. And... Shaggy Doooog. walkin' down. He walked all around.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Undermind

Starting a 2 night stand at Cumberland County Civic Center in Portland.  The only phish shows that have been in walking distance from where I lived, a 10 min walk at the time.  Not only was that amazing but so was the weather.  Both days it was in the low 60s, which is obviously rediclulous for Maine in the Winter.  This lead to party time through out Portland, and throughout the lots!!!!  I remember having so much fun.  Both shows were fire, the Halley's and Bathtub Gin > Simple > Free on 12/7.  Even with a mid 2nd set Jennifer Dance, it doesn't matter that show is pure fire listening back.  Then on 12/8 we got another gem with a great Ya Mar, Piper, and a YEM with probably the best vocal jam I have ever witnessed.  Wow 15 years flies, but looking back I am so grateful to have caught those shows, especially since I wasn't able to make it to Big Cypress.  Lots of great listening to get to.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

susep

Quote from: Undermind on December 07, 2014, 06:43:37 AM
Starting a 2 night stand at Cumberland County Civic Center in Portland.  The only phish shows that have been in walking distance from where I lived, a 10 min walk at the time.  Not only was that amazing but so was the weather.  Both days it was in the low 60s, which is obviously rediclulous for Maine in the Winter.  This lead to party time through out Portland, and throughout the lots!!!!  I remember having so much fun.  Both shows were fire, the Halley's and Bathtub Gin > Simple > Free on 12/7.  Even with a mid 2nd set Jennifer Dance, it doesn't matter that show is pure fire listening back.  Then on 12/8 we got another gem with a great Ya Mar, Piper, and a YEM with probably the best vocal jam I have ever witnessed.  Wow 15 years flies, but looking back I am so grateful to have caught those shows, especially since I wasn't able to make it to Big Cypress.  Lots of great listening to get to.

hells yeah!  epic 2 night stand. 

VDB

Two days ago was the anniversary of this one:

QuoteSaturday, 12/05/2009   
John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, VA

Set 1: AC/DC Bag > Chalk Dust Torture, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Divided Sky, Ya Mar[1], Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley, The Old Home Place > Cavern > Funky Bitch, David Bowie, The Wedge, Bold As Love

Set 2: Tweezer -> Light > Piper -> Free, Sweet Virginia, Harry Hood > Suzy Greenberg > Golgi Apparatus, Run Like an Antelope[1]

Encore: Loving Cup > Tweezer Reprise

[1] Alternate lyrics referencing a naked stage crasher.

The snow that kicked in during the drive up was a nice touch. Had a couple beers at a local brewpub beforehand and then enjoyed this solid tour closer. Light offered the top jam of the night, and the Naked Guy antics in Ya Mar and Antelope had the crowd lathered up. Even this Golgi is noteworthy for Mike's bass problems, which led to him singing the bass part's on Trey's request, and a make-up solo after the technical difficulties were over.
Is this still Wombat?

mehead

Quote from: susep on December 07, 2014, 08:48:42 AM

hells yeah!  epic 2 night stand.

Yup.  Killer times were had.

Had a chance to meet Mike and Page briefly on the morning of the 8th.  They were walking around in the Old Port.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Buffalo Budd

One of the best 2 night runs I ever witnessed. Was riding the rail both nights, that place was tiny compared to my other Phish festy experiences.
I've probably mentioned this elsewhere on here but we were rolling at the front before the show started and one of the security guys starts flipping at us and was trying to grab the bag from us. I just drop it to the ground and kick it behind me, guy behind us does the same and the guy behind him. We thought, there goes our 1/4. So we rage the first set and are walking back during setbreak when a dude just comes up to us and says 'I believe this is yours' and hands us our bag of nugs. Such an awesome moment as we did not feel like searching for more.
The scene outside the CCCC was wild, I don't think I witnessed a single cop in the area. The weather was great, slept in the car the first night and wasn't cold at all.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

antelope19

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on December 07, 2014, 01:11:08 PM
Two days ago was the anniversary of this one:

QuoteSaturday, 12/05/2009   
John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, VA

Set 1: AC/DC Bag > Chalk Dust Torture, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Divided Sky, Ya Mar[1], Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley, The Old Home Place > Cavern > Funky Bitch, David Bowie, The Wedge, Bold As Love

Set 2: Tweezer -> Light > Piper -> Free, Sweet Virginia, Harry Hood > Suzy Greenberg > Golgi Apparatus, Run Like an Antelope[1]

Encore: Loving Cup > Tweezer Reprise

[1] Alternate lyrics referencing a naked stage crasher.

The snow that kicked in during the drive up was a nice touch. Had a couple beers at a local brewpub beforehand and then enjoyed this solid tour closer. Light offered the top jam of the night, and the Naked Guy antics in Ya Mar and Antelope had the crowd lathered up. Even this Golgi is noteworthy for Mike's bass problems, which led to him singing the bass part's on Trey's request, and a make-up solo after the technical difficulties were over.

One of the biggest paug gatherings ever occurred before this show.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

anthrax

saw a little band from vermont at a little venue called the nutter something or other on this date.

jaw dropping.

sober as a mule, and i still have extremely vivid memories of the night.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: anthrax on December 07, 2014, 04:38:54 PM
saw a little band from vermont at a little venue called the nutter something or other on this date.

jaw dropping.

sober as a mule, and i still have extremely vivid memories of the night.

I want deetz.

Where were you sitting for the show? How did you like the show at the time? Were you at the previous night? How did it compare at the time?

Bring in the dude!