News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barnesy305

runawayjimbo

Damn, that's a lot of dudes packed into McGrupp's basement.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Augustus

14 yrs ago.
My least favorite 1.0 that I saw.

Marmar

How about some salt Aug?

Worst 1.0 show ever? ehhhhhhh......ya, it's up there......
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

mistercharlie

But dudes, they played Jennifer Dances...  :wtu:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Marmar

you should be banned for mentioning it....

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Maybe I was high or something but I had a good time at the 12/5/99 show.

Not nearly as much as 12/6/97, but y'know...

sophist

12/5/99

the 1st "3.0" show?   At least it looks that way.  Disjointed, lack of flow, no real jams. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Marmar

Man....I think you guys need to revisit that steaming pile of 12-5-99 and give it a listen.....ya, fun was had but the music that night BLEW CHUNKS......sad to say, but this was my last show prior to Cypress....and this show was the reason I didn't go to Cypress.....sold my tix the next day.

Coventry > Rochester 99.......worst 2 shows Phish ever played.....just listen to it......I can't make it thru the 1st set.....

WhatstheUse?

There was only one Rochester show in fall 99 I believe...

It's surely not a good 1.0 show but I'd rank it far above a lot of 2.0 and 3.0 shows.... I know I wish I could have been there.

Jennifer Dances also sucks, but surely not the worst song they've written. Reminds me a lot of recent Trey material (Winterqueen, Summer of 89 etc.)

eta: Just threw on the 12/5/99 Twist.  Sounds pretty good to me... nothing special, but it sounds like old Phish.  There's a fluidity in Trey's playing that I really wish I could have witnessed. some weird flow happennin' in this show for sure though...
Bring in the dude!

Superfreakie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 06, 2013, 06:01:55 PM
Jennifer Dances also sucks, but surely not the worst song they've written. Reminds me a lot of recent Trey material (Winterqueen, Summer of 89 etc.)

I not much of a fan of Trey's working man/show tune ballads, but every now and then one gets me. Winterqueen has got me. I like the images it conjures in my head.

::anxiously awaiting Seven Below>Winterqueen to open an MSG set::
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

anthrax

i loved this show...

:phish: Saturday, 12/06/1997
The Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI
Soundcheck: Dog Log, AC/DC Bag, Ginseng Sullivan, Black-Eyed Katy
Set 1: Golgi Apparatus, Run Like an Antelope, Train Song > Bathtub Gin -> Foam, Sample in a Jar, Fee > Maze, Cavern
Set 2: Tweezer -> Izabella -> Twist -> Piper, Sleeping Monkey > Tweezer Reprise
Encore: Rocky Top

mbw

Quote from: Superfreakie on December 06, 2013, 06:42:09 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 06, 2013, 06:01:55 PM

I not much of a fan of Trey's working man/show tune ballads, but every now and then one gets me. Winterqueen has got me. I like the images it conjures in my head.

::anxiously awaiting Seven Below>Winterqueen to open an MSG set::

I don't know about you anymore man.