News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igbo

Quote from: justjezmund on March 06, 2016, 09:07:03 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on March 05, 2016, 11:47:25 AM
Odd timing.

Five years ago tonight, Blat, Igbo, Barnesy and I were in NYC for akron/family at the Bowery. Aug and the missus came in to town to hang too.  Pretty epic hotel room. Great show, too.

Not as good as the night before in Philly (where we saw JJ too.)

A while later, Miles (bass player) asked me about why I'd preferred Philly. The answer was easy. The Blockley had the intimacy that the Bowery lacked.

Yeah RIP Blockley.  That place was great.

Did that place close???? I dug that spot. Only time I went was for the Akron Family gig and remember really having fun at that place.

anthrax

barnesy305

Quote from: Igbo on March 06, 2016, 01:51:27 PM
Quote from: justjezmund on March 06, 2016, 09:07:03 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on March 05, 2016, 11:47:25 AM
Odd timing.

Five years ago tonight, Blat, Igbo, Barnesy and I were in NYC for akron/family at the Bowery. Aug and the missus came in to town to hang too.  Pretty epic hotel room. Great show, too.

Not as good as the night before in Philly (where we saw JJ too.)

A while later, Miles (bass player) asked me about why I'd preferred Philly. The answer was easy. The Blockley had the intimacy that the Bowery lacked.

Yeah RIP Blockley.  That place was great.

Did that place close???? I dug that spot. Only time I went was for the Akron Family gig and remember really having fun at that place.

How about that divey as fuck bar we went to by the Empire State Building?

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

fastfingers12

That's a hundred nineteen to you and me

mehead

23 years ago today was my phirst show:

5/7/93 - Bangor Auditorium - Bangor, ME

Set 1: Buried Alive > Poor Heart, Split Open and Melt, Sparkle, Caravan, Lizards, Horn, Divided Sky, I Didn't Know, Run Like an Antelope

Set 2: Rift, Bouncing Around the Room, Maze, Fee, Big Ball Jam, You Enjoy Myself > Great Gig in the Sky, Harry Hood, Harpua, Highway to Hell, E: Amazing Grace, Golgi Apparatus
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

birdman

23 years ago was my second show. Some of you may have heard it before. The field house at UNH.
I was a senior in HS. I stayed with my sister who was a sophomore at UNH. I got to party with the big kids. That Mikes song changed my life. I've been waiting to see another instrumental Amazing Grace ever since this night.

I:Chalkdust Torture, Rift, Mound, Stash > Kung > Stash, Glide, My Friend My Friend, Reba, Satin Doll, Cavern
II: David Bowie > Jessica > David Bowie > Have Mercy > David Bowie, The Horse > Silent In The Morning, It's Ice, The Squirming Coil, Big Ball Jam, Mike's Song > Crossroads > Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove > Amazing Grace > Amazing Grace Jam
E. AC/DC Bag
Paug FTMFW!

jam>

Quote from: birdman on May 08, 2016, 09:41:55 AM
23 years ago was my second show. Some of you may have heard it before. The field house at UNH.
I was a senior in HS. I stayed with my sister who was a sophomore at UNH. I got to party with the big kids. That Mikes song changed my life. I've been waiting to see another instrumental Amazing Grace ever since this night.

I:Chalkdust Torture, Rift, Mound, Stash > Kung > Stash, Glide, My Friend My Friend, Reba, Satin Doll, Cavern
II: David Bowie > Jessica > David Bowie > Have Mercy > David Bowie, The Horse > Silent In The Morning, It's Ice, The Squirming Coil, Big Ball Jam, Mike's Song > Crossroads > Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove > Amazing Grace > Amazing Grace Jam
E. AC/DC Bag

I was there too. Such a great night. There was an all-night party with camping at a house with a bunch of land we went to afterwards — yup, with the big kids. One of the best shows I've ever caught, that's for sure.

I actually did manage to catch another instrumental Amazing Grace a few years later at Arco Arena in Sacramento.

emay

runawayjimbo

God damn I love that Bethel Waves

"Do you wanna play a jammier song?"

"I do."
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

VDB

It's a good'un. So loose, but it pays off.
Is this still Wombat?

emay

4 years ago I was in the midst of Bader field AC run at this time.
Fun run. Just re-listened to the drowned > 2001 from the third night. Pretty gooood

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on June 16, 2016, 12:19:55 PM
Fun run. Just re-listened to the drowned > 2001 from the third night. Pretty gooood

That was a fun run. That weekend was actually the first time Michelle and I really hung out.
Bring in the dude!

birdman

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 16, 2016, 03:18:04 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on June 16, 2016, 12:19:55 PM

That was a fun run. That weekend was actually the first time Michelle and I really hung out.
I remember you trying to figure out how to separate her from the friend she was staying with.
Also, breakfast with george was outstanding.
Paug FTMFW!