News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

WhatstheUse?

If a time machine is ever invented... and choosing between my first born vs. attending Clifford Ball is in question.... oh man....  that poor child...
Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 16, 2016, 09:35:51 PM
If a time machine is ever invented... and choosing between my first born vs. attending Clifford Ball is in question.... oh man....  that poor child...

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Marmar

At about this time, getting ready to go in for sets 2 and 3....right about now we were doing nitrous mixed with acid and jager shots....trading spiedies for grams of hash with our neighbors....

about this time I was dropping 15 hits....this was roughly my 118th show or so +/- 5....and from the energy of the previous night, and the daytime sets, I was ready to trip my Clifford Balls off.....

Never forget this weekend.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

VA $l!m

couple weeks late, and not the Phish, but just realized it had been 10 years since i saw what would be the last TBC show with the OG lineup @ Red Rocks. 8-12-06.
end of an era for a band i'd been in love with and seeing since '92.
only video that exists is of the opener. pretty nice clip though  :smoke:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Buffalo Budd

Surfing around Phish.net and see this:
HAPPY PHISHIVERSARY!
Superfreakie

9-13-1990

Dude! Wetlands with a double encore?
That shit's awesome!

birdman

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 13, 2016, 12:36:11 PM
HAPPY PHISHIVERSARY!
Superfreakie

9-13-1990

That shit's awesome!
Dude was 14. And out of the country. I barely let my 15yo out of the house.
Paug FTMFW!

Superfreakie

Quote from: birdman on September 13, 2016, 01:49:07 PM
HAPPY PHISHIVERSARY!
Superfreakie

9-13-1990

That shit's awesome!

As the story goes, I had never really heard Phish but was into the GD. Played drums in a band with a bunch of older kids who were 18-21 years of age. They had managed to convince my parents to allow me to see the Dead that Spring '90 tour (Albany, Nassau and Hamilton). They did not tell them that the band was the Grateful Dead, but instead that we were going to see some jazz. We gigged in local bars. I'd get snuck in the back door with the equipment and wear a baseball hat, always looking down so no one would question my age. When I'd get caught, it was often too late to kick me out, as the show would be in progress and the bar managers/owners needed a band.

Anyway, these older kids drove me down to Wetlands for this show, the day before my birthday although by the time the show ended, past-midnight, it was my birthday. It was my first time in NYC and I'm not sure if we paid the door guy extra as it was sold out, or if they paid him extra to get me in (I can't remember if it was an all-ages show). Naturally, I was flying high on some wonderful fluff. Phish came out and played. I had no idea when songs were ending and starting, nor their names (turns out quite a few songs made their debuts on this night, so I wasn't alone). I classed them as a jazz rock band, with some prog. The guitar player was stellar and I liked the drummer. Wasn't super enamored with the bass player and thought the keyboard player could use a real piano. Everyone was dancing and getting the fuck down. Little did I know just how big of a role these weird dudes would play in my life. It was awesome; I used to love seeing live music in intimate clubs like that. Something I rarely do nowadays as I am too busy. 26 years ago.........
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

VDB

Quote from: Superfreakie on September 13, 2016, 06:08:55 PM
HAPPY PHISHIVERSARY!
Superfreakie

9-13-1990

That shit's awesome!

As the story goes, I had never really heard Phish but was into the GD. Played drums in a band with a bunch of older kids who were 18-21 years of age. They had managed to convince my parents to allow me to see the Dead that Spring '90 tour (Albany, Nassau and Hamilton). They did not tell them that the band was the Grateful Dead, but instead that we were going to see some jazz. We gigged in local bars. I'd get snuck in the back door with the equipment and wear a baseball hat, always looking down so no one would question my age. When I'd get caught, it was often too late to kick me out, as the show would be in progress and the bar managers/owners needed a band.

Anyway, these older kids drove me down to Wetlands for this show, the day before my birthday although by the time the show ended, past-midnight, it was my birthday. It was my first time in NYC and I'm not sure if we paid the door guy extra as it was sold out, or if they paid him extra to get me in (I can't remember if it was an all-ages show). Naturally, I was flying high on some wonderful fluff. Phish came out and played. I had no idea when songs were ending and starting, nor their names (turns out quite a few songs made their debuts on this night, so I wasn't alone). I classed them as a jazz rock band, with some prog. The guitar player was stellar and I liked the drummer. Wasn't super enamored with the bass player and thought the keyboard player could use a real piano. Everyone was dancing and getting the fuck down. Little did I know just how big of a role these weird dudes would play in my life. It was awesome; I used to love seeing live music in intimate clubs like that. Something I rarely do nowadays as I am too busy. 26 years ago.........

:clap:
Love this.
Is this still Wombat?

jam>

birdman

Quote from: Superfreakie on September 13, 2016, 06:08:55 PM
HAPPY PHISHIVERSARY!
Superfreakie

9-13-1990

That shit's awesome!

Such a n00b
Paug FTMFW!