News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/05 - The Gorge - George, WA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mattstick, August 06, 2011, 02:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoW

Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Caravan2001 on August 06, 2011, 11:09:32 AM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on August 06, 2011, 09:54:42 AM
I am really liking this spacey Roggae  :music:

Best Roggae I've ever seen by far......

I really liked the SPAC Roggae last summer. Haven't heard this one yet, but I love Roggae being a highlight of any show!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

ph92

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 06, 2011, 01:23:20 PM

I really liked the SPAC Roggae last summer. Haven't heard this one yet, but I love Roggae being a highlight of any show!!
Yeah DC had a nice one last summer, they played it out quite a bit...

It was chill... bro

Also, first set looks cool on paper.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

redrum

when was pages last ride on the theremin? wasn't it one of the last few camden shows??
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

phil

just finished downloading. I'll check it out when I get home from work. Looks lame on paper (except the R&R) but all this talk of theremin has got me pumped to see what this one's all about.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

zimbra

Downloading now, hopefully be able to listen to it today before tonights show... That setlist seems pretty buzz kill after R&R though...
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

MiamiPhish

Quote from: phishhead92 on August 06, 2011, 01:36:54 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 06, 2011, 01:23:20 PM

Yeah DC had a nice one last summer, they played it out quite a bit...

It was chill... bro

12/28/09 (Miami) had a real nice Roggae, too.  Helped, also, that I was like 10th row on the floor :)

zimbra

Quote from: Superfreakie on August 06, 2011, 03:09:49 AM
20 minute R&R looks REALLY TASTY. Bet everyone thought they were headed out of the stratosphere after that......then Trey crashed the Millenium Falcon with the single minute album tracks. Baby steps though, baby steps.

Hahahaha  :clap:

+K
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Caravan2001

The show last night was great for a tour opener.....Started off good, not great, and took off with the Gin.  There was some nice stuff in the Gin.  Taste was also really good and I am looking  forward to hearing it as well as Roggae.  Roggae was sick with the sunset.  Weather, as usual, was hot and sunny, which was pretty perfect.  We got box seats next to the soundboard, which as far as I am concerned is the only way to go at the Gorge.  Dead center, raised platform, waitress service, it was dope.  There was a ton of room on the floor too.  The Rock and Roll was bad ass, and I thought at one point they were going to go into Sabotage...I can;t wait to hear it, I could of sworn there was like this wacky "almost" Sabotage jam...whatever it was, was dope and the R&R was def the set and show highlight for me (and Roggae).  The band sounds very relaxed.

After the show we all headed to Shakedown got some food and then Hicks' wife called and she was in a car crash and in the hospital (she is OK though) and the car got totaled so Hicks had to leave this morning, which sucks ass.  Drove him to the lot at 8:30AM (weak) this morning so he could get a ride back with Burmese Phython and we get there and BP's battery was dead....Spent a half hour trying to jump it, finally got it going.  I came back to the hotel, just rocked some pancakes at Perkins and now I am going to chug a beer, puff and sleep in my dark air conditioned room for the next 3-4 hours I hope.  It is freaking blazing sun out there.  Driving to a hotel sucks, but oppressive heat sucks worse. 

Saw Heath and WTU post show for a brew at  my buddies RV and that was cool....Tonight should be sick, they left a lot on the table.  As good as last night was for a tour opener, I really think the boys have the potential for some real fire on this leg!

Over and out, I am putting on the sleep mask (after I chug this brewski  :beers:)

rowjimmy

emay

Sounds like you have had one hell of trip so far caravan! Hope hicks is well, k+ for the update!
Hope tonight is your night!! :rawk: :banana: :music: :beerbang:

WhatstheUse?

Roggae and R&R were fantastic.  That rock and roll jam was some freaky stuff -- some parts reminded me a bit of the storage jam
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Sup dudes, back home and both the wife and baby are OK, wife is just a little scratched and bruised. 

Not stoked to miss tonight, but I am glad to be here with them and that the accident was not too bad. 

As for last night Roggae and Rock and Roll were big time highlights and those along with my first Walk Away made up for the second set fizzling pretty badly from the Farmhouse> Show of Life 3.0'ing.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

nab

Quote from: Hicks on August 06, 2011, 07:50:01 PM
Sup dudes, back home and both the wife and baby are OK, wife is just a little scratched and bruised. 

Not stoked to miss tonight, but I am glad to be here with them and that the accident was not too bad. 

As for last night Roggae and Rock and Roll were big time highlights and those along with my first Walk Away made up for the second set fizzling pretty badly from the Farmhouse> Show of Life 3.0'ing.

Good to hear.  Scary stuff to hear.  Glad everything is going to be fine.

ytowndan

Sorry to hear about the incident, Hicks.  Glad to hear everyone's OK, though. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.