News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Ski/Snowboarding Trip Planning

Started by UncleEbinezer, August 11, 2011, 09:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

BTW, figure this is probably the best place to put it, but if anyone's interested in a new snowboard, my buddy from Philly who's a graphic designer (done lots of national work, and probably most famous work has been designing the Bruins Tim Thomas' helmet), started his own company this past year, Here Snowboards. He's also a long time head and used to do lot tee's in the mid 90's, if that'll help sway you. Anyhow, check his stuff here:

http://www.heresnowboards.com/

or here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/HERE-Snowboards-LLC/178177575586574

Here's a few designs:

/spam
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

UncleEbinezer

Thanks for all of the input here.  This year is sounding like yet another east coast trip for only a few days.  Based on everyone here that I have been planning with, travel distance is important and Whiteface seems too far for everyone.  I have been very interested in SLC after seeing the posts here and feedback from others that have gone.  I think as our kids get older we can venture further away.  My wife is pretty set on me having a riding buddy, which limits planning. 

As for the boards, depending on my funds, I am probably going to get the polar bear or the one on the bottom.  The Burton I am riding is like 15+ years old.  Although its still worthy, I think I'll be getting a new one and those boards are reasonably priced.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

gah

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on December 06, 2011, 01:01:10 PM
Thanks for all of the input here.  This year is sounding like yet another east coast trip for only a few days.  Based on everyone here that I have been planning with, travel distance is important and Whiteface seems too far for everyone.  I have been very interested in SLC after seeing the posts here and feedback from others that have gone.  I think as our kids get older we can venture further away.  My wife is pretty set on me having a riding buddy, which limits planning. 

As for the boards, depending on my funds, I am probably going to get the polar bear or the one on the bottom.  The Burton I am riding is like 15+ years old. Although its still worthy, I think I'll be getting a new one and those boards are reasonably priced.

Oh, I should've mentioned these boards are made by the same company thats contracted to make the Burton boards. Also, this season only, he's going to offer free shipping.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on December 06, 2011, 01:07:53 PM
Quote from: UncleEbinezer on December 06, 2011, 01:01:10 PM

As for the boards, depending on my funds, I am probably going to get the polar bear or the one on the bottom.  The Burton I am riding is like 15+ years old. Although its still worthy, I think I'll be getting a new one and those boards are reasonably priced.

Oh, I should've mentioned these boards are made by the same company thats contracted to make the Burton boards. Also, this season only, he's going to offer free shipping.

I am sure there is also a discount promo code: PAUG, right?    :wink:
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

Bobafett

those are some really nice designs.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

gah

Quote from: Bobafett on December 06, 2011, 01:45:31 PM
those are some really nice designs.

Glad you like em, I'll let him know.

Buffalo Budd

Looking at getting out next weekend in QC. They got 12 inches over the weekend and another 12+ coming so it's time to test out the new gear in some actual powder.
I have a new Arbor Shiloh 154cm and some Vans Pro boots that I'm stoked to break in this season.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

birdman

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 16, 2022, 01:19:17 PMLooking at getting out next weekend in QC. They got 12 inches over the weekend and another 12+ coming so it's time to test out the new gear in some actual powder.
I have a new Arbor Shiloh 154cm and some Vans Pro boots that I'm stoked to break in this season.

what resorts are you looking at?
Paug FTMFW!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: birdman on November 16, 2022, 03:07:47 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 16, 2022, 01:19:17 PMLooking at getting out next weekend in QC. They got 12 inches over the weekend and another 12+ coming so it's time to test out the new gear in some actual powder.

Mont Comi in the Gaspe seems to have gotten a dump.
How have things been looking in NE? We were eyeing Sunday River for a bit but the conditions didn't materialize.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

I have a real fondness for Sunday River. Skied it a lot as a kid. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 17, 2022, 09:14:53 AMI have a real fondness for Sunday River. Skied it a lot as a kid.
I will definitely be taking my daughter down there next Nov/Dec for their race training camp.

Buffalo Budd

Looks like upstate NY got pummelled
66" Holy shit!!!

...New York...

...Erie County...
Orchard Park                 66.0 in   0700 PM 11/18   Trained Spotter
2 SW Blasdell                65.0 in   0826 PM 11/18   Trained Spotter
2 NNW Hamburg                57.0 in   0840 PM 11/18   Public
2 WNW East Aurora            54.5 in   0302 PM 11/18   Public
2 NE Hamburg                 51.0 in   0527 PM 11/18   Public
5 NNW Eden                   50.0 in   0800 PM 11/18   Trained Spotter
2 WNW Orchard Park           48.0 in   0400 PM 11/18   Trained Spotter
3 SW Elma                    48.0 in   0406 PM 11/18   Cocorahs
4 NE Angola                  46.0 in   0700 PM 11/18   Public
East Aurora                  43.7 in   0715 PM 11/18   NWS Employee
1 NE Hamburg                 43.0 in   0445 PM 11/18   Public
2 S West Seneca              42.0 in   0800 PM 11/18   Amateur Radio
3 WNW Hamburg                41.0 in   0555 PM 11/18   Trained Spotter

birdman

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 16, 2022, 07:26:09 PM

How have things been looking in NE? We were eyeing Sunday River for a bit but the conditions didn't materialize.
if you're ever heading to Sunday river hit me up. Been years since I've been there
Paug FTMFW!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: birdman on November 19, 2022, 11:50:22 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 16, 2022, 07:26:09 PM

if you're ever heading to Sunday river hit me up. Been years since I've been there

Pretty much a lock for me and my oldest daughter to kick off next season.
I'll reach out, that would be awesome.
Coxy actually grabbed a season pass this year too.  :beers:

Caravan2001

Sunday River is so damn fun.  Remember driving from there to Higher Ground on 2/15/99 for the first ever TAB show.  Have had some great days there.  We got a pretty good dump, like 36" but we were only open for like 3 days. Supposed to open back up this week, can't wait.