News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

AAC 128 vs. MP3 192

Started by petert686, October 26, 2005, 01:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

perhaps what he really meant to say is that he listened to them with $500 headphones while sitting in his car.  maybe he forgot to mention those small, trivial details. ;)
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Guyute

nope, my wife picked up on it too.  She may actually love music more than I do.  Not sure how many Phish shows, but she has over 90 GD and dozens of JGB under her belt.
Its just the Monsoon system which is VW's stereo upgrade, nothing special, have it in both cars.  When we noticed it was with cd's that had been burned, not with live stuff really.  The difference wasn't big, but there.  With the Bose Wave Radio, it was noticable.  I had never thought about the VBR though.  That might really be the way to go for me.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

jephrey

I honestly still don't believe you can tell the difference between 160 and 192k aac encoding.  I'd love to get my hands on the original so I can do a test.  (Maybe it's something with the actual file?)  I don't have a great system, but I have some "Good" headphones and, although my car system is stock, I think Infinity or Bose made the system in my Sentra (upgraded stock audio system), so it does sound pretty good.  What song/show did you notice it on?  I gotta get to the bottom of this.

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Guyute

Dave Matthews Live at the Gorge.

I'm going to go back and check myself and make sure I didn't compare 128 to 192.    Could have benn a blunder on my part.  I think I may also retest myself, just to be sure.  I just remember my wife commenting that the sound from the iPod stunk, then the next song sounded great.  I'll test today if I have time or tomorrow.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.